what the hell happened? no spark?

03banshee20

• 2 weeks later...

My stator went bad about a year ago as well, I was riding along, everything was fine then it just died. Turns out it was the stator. You can do an ohms test but it is not 100% effective. I did it on mine and everything checked out; (except the cdi box, which can not be tested) so I first replaced the cdi box with no success. Then pulled the flywheel and saw a burned wire on the stator. Do Not buy RM Stator or Ricky Stator products, chances are you'll be sorry. I bought a used stator off of ebay from a seller with good feedback and it worked perfect, still running today.

My stator went bad about a year ago as well, I was riding along, everything was fine then it just died. Turns out it was the stator. You can do an ohms test but it is not 100% effective. I did it on mine and everything checked out; (except the cdi box, which can not be tested) so I first replaced the cdi box with no success. Then pulled the flywheel and saw a burned wire on the stator. Do Not buy RM Stator or Ricky Stator products, chances are you'll be sorry. I bought a used stator off of ebay from a seller with good feedback and it worked perfect, still running today.

Did you have some problems with Ricky Stator parts?

Did you have some problems with Ricky Stator parts?

RM Stator to be exact, I assume they are one in the same, at least I have heard from countless others they are... I ordered a replacement stator from RM Stator for my banshee about a year ago, recieved it and everything looked to be okay. Installed it and found that the pickup coil was adjusted as far out as it would go, one screw was already loose but when I went to loosen the other one the head broke clean off... So I then emailed the guy I bought it from, (ebay) and I was pretty much told to shit in my hat... So... Then I decided to remove the new RM Stator from its supplyed mounting plate and installed on the mounting plate that my other stator (the fried one) was on. Two of the three bolts broke off while trying to get it apart... Finally got the RM Stator installed on my plate, then installed back on the bike, put everything back together and still no spark.... A few days later talked a friend into letting me pull the stator off his bike and try it on mine and bingo, we have ignition. Turns out after all that the new RM Stator wasnt any good to begin with... Called RM Stator directly and was told there was nothing they could do... Thanks alot RM... Glad to know im a valued customer. Now then to answer your question, No I have never owned any "Ricky Stator" products so I suppose I should exclude them from previous comments...

RM Stator to be exact, I assume they are one in the same, at least I have heard from countless others they are... I ordered a replacement stator from RM Stator for my banshee about a year ago, recieved it and everything looked to be okay. Installed it and found that the pickup coil was adjusted as far out as it would go, one screw was already loose but when I went to loosen the other one the head broke clean off... So I then emailed the guy I bought it from, (ebay) and I was pretty much told to shit in my hat... So... Then I decided to remove the new RM Stator from its supplyed mounting plate and installed on the mounting plate that my other stator (the fried one) was on. Two of the three bolts broke off while trying to get it apart... Finally got the RM Stator installed on my plate, then installed back on the bike, put everything back together and still no spark.... A few days later talked a friend into letting me pull the stator off his bike and try it on mine and bingo, we have ignition. Turns out after all that the new RM Stator wasnt any good to begin with... Called RM Stator directly and was told there was nothing they could do... Thanks alot RM... Glad to know im a valued customer. Now then to answer your question, No I have never owned any "Ricky Stator" products so I suppose I should exclude them from previous comments...

Typical of the way RM stator does business. They copied several of our stator designs and did a piss poor job of it too.