Can I put royal purple engine oil in my gearbox?

bigtizzles

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use super tech walmart atf type f in my 2002 tyranny for two years no issues. Although it does get dirty pretty fast so i've been thinking of changing cause Ik they wont make 1970s ford atf for ever.

I use super tech walmart atf type f in my 2002 tyranny for two years no issues. Although it does get dirty pretty fast so i've been thinking of changing cause Ik they wont make 1970s ford atf for ever.

Now this might sound stupid but, what if you have put a 30 oil in the engine and the clutch has started slipping ,what to do? I now that you need to change the oil, but before you put new ATF Type F in it, something else?

Reason i´m asking is cus i told my brother to change oil for me whe i was out of town, he did and when we got back we spended tow hours or so playing around in the forest.. i noticed yesterday that its starting to slip in the clutch... Please, help..anyone..

Now this might sound stupid but, what if you have put a 30 oil in the engine and the clutch has started slipping ,what to do? I now that you need to change the oil, but before you put new ATF Type F in it, something else?

Reason i´m asking is cus i told my brother to change oil for me whe i was out of town, he did and when we got back we spended tow hours or so playing around in the forest.. i noticed yesterday that its starting to slip in the clutch... Please, help..anyone..

change it out for atf.

if you picky like me then ride out around a bit and change it again. theres a pretty good chance you will be ok.

Use single weight oils, which do not have VIs and aren't susceptible to degradation in the transmission. However, single weight oils do not flow well in cold conditions, reducing overall lubrication until the oil has warmed up. An alternative is to use a synthetic oil. Synthetic oil are designed to have good cold-flow properties yet maintain high viscosity with fewer VIs.

AMSOIL Synthetic Super Shift Racing ATF is the the best stuff you can put in a 2 stroke wet clutch gear box PERIOD.

Been using it for years. . Highest shear, will take more heat than anything. more power to the

ground especially in cold weather and did I say best feeling clutch ever.

My link

Have you used any other oils as a comparison? Im just curious how biased your statement is. lol. I run bel ray and love it, but i havent ran any other trans oils so i dont know. I just know what works. I may try that amsoil stuff you talk about. I know a vendor.