421 Serval w/R-2's vs Shearer Small Bore Dyno #'s

SuperMex

Yeah 6200 is alot more than 2600. :jesterlaugh: Guess I got my 2 and 6 crossed. :wacko: It was at 6262 when I posted yesterday. Look at it now. It's getting alot of looks evey day.

That's still ALOT of views when you think about the number of site members. Even without the dyno sheets, it's still a high traffic post due to the Serval interest.

I'm still suprised we haven't seen some dyno numbers from some other Serval owners yet.

I'm deep into the winter off season and knowing more info and hearing more owner feedback on the Serval might trigger a winter rebuild for one of my bikes. It's already got a +6 arm and I have BB CPI's or SB Shearers that I could put on it. I think a Serval would be a perfect fit. :headbang: But I'd still like to see the pipe and carb choices played with. I know I'd dyno test some FMF Fatty's along with the CPI's and Shearers just to see what, how and how much each pipe changes the power.

:shrugani: Guess we'll just have to stay patient till we see some more numbers. B)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's already been posted in the dyno section. There is a graph for ported and unported serval with 35pwks. It's not with rockets or r2s but atleast it's some numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

if after anyone has read any of the dyno sheets of any serval i have seen AND IS still considering runnig the old style "trail pipes " on one. i dont get it.

i mean really a bolt on no porting serval with decent setup ( shears decent carbs decent domes) is going to get you in the 72-75 hp range. with some porting work and a lil bit of playing with it will be in the 80-85hp range. with a great curve and nice rideability. then you just need to get all that to shift right..

what else do you need to know?

if after anyone has read any of the dyno sheets of any serval i have seen AND IS still considering runnig the old style "trail pipes " on one. i dont get it.

i mean really a bolt on no porting serval with decent setup ( shears decent carbs decent domes) is going to get you in the 72-75 hp range. with some porting work and a lil bit of playing with it will be in the 80-85hp range. with a great curve and nice rideability. then you just need to get all that to shift right..

what else do you need to know?

Thanks, Im glad I went with the 421 cub over the 421 serval. From reading & talking to different sponsors, I get the impression that the serval isnt all that people hype it up to be. Why buy a serval then port it? :confused: JMHO..... Just buy a cub & save money.

Thanks, Im glad I went with the 421 cub over the 421 serval. From reading & talking to different sponsors, I get the impression that the serval isnt all that people hype it up to be. Why buy a serval then port it? :confused: JMHO..... Just buy a cub & save money.

so the only porting you can do to a serval is a 'drag port'? what if for the porting you desire, the serval would be a MUCH better starting point than a cub? Like G4C said why buy a cub and port it? just get a DM.

Just some food for thought.

Cub and Serval would be a direct comparision but DM not as much. Correct me if im wrong but the DM would use a different head and intake with the overall cost to build one being much higher than the other two. As said in the Forum Dyno area, it would be nice to see an overlay of the Cub vs Serval dynos. With just compairing numbers a well ported cub will make close to 10 more torque and close to 20 more H.P. and only a bit higher in the RPM range. The Serval is basically a detuned Cub and there is nothing wrong with that because is makes it easier to handle and would fit alot of peoples riding style. I think it is a very nice option for the Banshee world.