K&N pod air filters

I just bought some K&N air filters i put them on a rejetted my carbs and i started it up... every times i give it gass you can ear the carbs sucking air, it dont sound verry "cool" its actualy pretty loud is there any way to stop this from happening?

AND

is it even a good mod to use? or should i go back to the huge and hard to install air box?

Edited by 3Yamaha5Banshee0

If you hear your carbs making a loud sucking noise that's a good thing. That's how you no your carbs are getting good air flow threw the filters. When I don't hear that sound or if it gets lower I clean my filters because that's a sign of dirty clogged filters. BTW I love the way the carbs sound when you hit the throttle & you hear them carbs sucking that fresh air. Reminds me of a little TURBO.... :blink:

I run a single dual stage uni , with a outerwears and it's oiled with pj1 filter oil and I've splashed though many creeks and not a single problem , now of course I wasn't going deeper than the filter , but zero issues .

• 2 weeks later...

and another problem i have been having with my Pod Filters is that at a idle you give it gass and it will rev up then back down and then slowly rev back up when your thumb is off the throtle, any ways to fix that?

Yeah, put the next size bigger pilot jet in, and/or adjust the air mixture screws.