new 465 serval need help getting the bogging figured out

lms1977

I built a new 465 serval and it runs awesome until i start climbing a hill and let off the throttle and get back on it. It will just bog even if I down shift.

If I am on a flat surface and hit it, it's almost to fast :jesterlaugh: if I am in a gear to high and hit it it sounds like it breaks up and smoke alot then clears out and runs awesome I dropped the needles all the way 34mm mikuni flat slides is whats on it for now with shearer inframes.

when I say hill were talking little hills you could drive a stock truck on. If I give full throttle when it bogs it comes back to life.

Some one up where we ride told me to try pods I currently have a single k&n on it and it was clean and I took the outer wear off it did the same thing.

thanks Mike

I built a new 465 serval and it runs awesome until i start climbing a hill and let off the throttle and get back on it. It will just bog even if I down shift.

If I am on a flat surface and hit it, it's almost to fast :jesterlaugh: if I am in a gear to high and hit it it sounds like it breaks up and smoke alot then clears out and runs awesome I dropped the needles all the way 34mm mikuni flat slides is whats on it for now with shearer inframes.

when I say hill were talking little hills you could drive a stock truck on. If I give full throttle when it bogs it comes back to life.

Some one up where we ride told me to try pods I currently have a single k&n on it and it was clean and I took the outer wear off it did the same thing.

thanks Mike

what size carbs?

I will try pods hopefully today. I cleaned all the oil off the k&n and put it back on tried it this morning seems like it might be a little better but it might be me being wishful.

I gave the plug caps one more turn and checked that the plugs snap in that all seems good?

What else should I check and how to check if its not obvious?

Edited by lms1977