clutch problems

OK guys Ill start by telling you the story, i just bought this banshee from a buddy and my other buddy crashed it. So while i was waiting for the shocks and other parts that he broke i took it apart and cleaned every thing. Well i put everything back together and the clutch wont disengage. by the way i have a hydrauic clutch which has been bled. It only pulls a lil bit and then stops even when i push with a wrench it wont release any further. any thoughts please?

pull the clutch cover and adjust the canter of the clutch so you get 1/4-1/8" free-play on the lever. unbolt the slave cylinder to do so.

i have a hydraulic clutch just so you know. i disconnected the cable . and when i push the lever on the case it doesn't seem to do anything like its not hooked up in the case. could some thing be broke inside the case. Its like riding with out a clutch . it just doesn't release what could this be please help i would rather do it my self than have to spend the money to take it in !!!???

When you say you pushed the lever on the case, did it move or not? Is there play in it? You should not be able to move it by pushing on the clutch arm with your hand.

If there is play in the clutch arm, that would lead me to believe you welded the rod and ball to the inside of the clutch shaft.

the hyd clutch is why i said to take the slave off the lever...... anyways, just what all did you take apart? if you had the clutch plates, or at least pressure plate off, then it sounds like you lost the ball, and the pushrod is not contacting the adjuster, that is if you have verified that the clutch is indeed holding. otherwise, you could have the pressure plate off by 1 screw hole, which will not let it seat all the way down on the clutch and pusher. as mentioned, you should be able to move the case lever 1/4"-1/8" by hand, no more, no less, but not be able to release the clutch by hand.

The only thing i have taken apart is the cable off of the clutch lever. i have not yet taken the crank case off. but i can move the case lever all the way like its not hooked up. the story behind this is that my friend crashed it and i just put it put it back together. i replaced the shocks a arm tie rod and ends and just cleaned it up . when i went to ride it is when i noticed that it wont release . so lets say i welded the ball and rod is that something i can fix my self???? also to answer locos question yes i can move it by hand, iam not sure what you mean by play but no there's no side to side play or anything like that iam going to take the cover off today and see what i can see what should i be looking for i should be able to so if its release with the lever right ? please help guys i dont want to pay a shop to fix it i would rather learn and do it my self!!

So, the clutch worked before? But does not now? What exactly have you taken apart? Don't know about hydro clutch, but try pulling slave from engine and suspend it higher than master, let it set a good while to allow air to work up, then bleed.

As to learning/doing yourself, a manual can tell you more than a dozen keyboards. If ball is welded it usually requires splitting cases banghead .

Read a little closer, you took hose/line off master? You have not had clutch cover off? Is there a possibility that it landed on clutch lever with engine still running?

Edited by Larry's Shee

So, the clutch worked before? But does not now? What exactly have you taken apart? Don't know about hydro clutch, but try pulling slave from engine and suspend it higher than master, let it set a good while to allow air to work up, then bleed.

As to learning/doing yourself, a manual can tell you more than a dozen keyboards. If ball is welded it usually requires splitting cases banghead .

Read a little closer, you took hose/line off master? You have not had clutch cover off? Is there a possibility that it landed on clutch lever with engine still running?

THE CLUTCH WORKS I JUST CANT GET IT TO RELEASE!!! Its like riding with out using a clutch i have take the clutch cover off and when i pull the case lever nothing happens what can this be?? please dont tell me the case has to be split? i dont see how the wreck could have dont this but you never know heres a pic with the cover off. Yes i do have a manual. By the way i do have pictures but when i click the attachment button it loads for while and then says there was no file selected, how do i post a pic?

Edited by ProSteveo

THE CLUTCH WORKS I JUST CANT GET IT TO RELEASE!!! Its like riding with out using a clutch i have take the clutch cover off and when i pull the case lever nothing happens what can this be?? please dont tell me the case has to be split? i dont see how the wreck could have dont this but you never know heres a pic with the cover off. Yes i do have a manual. By the way i do have pictures but when i click the attachment button it loads for while and then says there was no file selected, how do i post a pic?

well, the clutch problem could have contributed to the wreck, you could have had it adjusted too far out and it started camming over, and/or the clutch plates are stuck from sitting and just need to be popped loose. either way, pull the clutch cover off and check it out.... hell the adjuster could have backed out, and you couldn't tell that it was loosening up last time, because the hyd clutch compensated..

well, the clutch problem could have contributed to the wreck, you could have had it adjusted too far out and it started camming over, and/or the clutch plates are stuck from sitting and just need to be popped loose. either way, pull the clutch cover off and check it out.... hell the adjuster could have backed out, and you couldn't tell that it was loosening up last time, because the hyd clutch compensated..

I am going to do that tomorrow morning i just remember that i did drive it away from the spot my buddy crashed it so i know it wasnt from the crash! which is good new i thinkg you may be right about the plates iam going to take it about tomorrow. the manuall says i need a speacial tool to put the clutch back together do i need this? or is there a trick i can do?