What gearing are people who trail ride using?

badlarry

Pretty sure mine is 13/41. All I've got is a set of T5s, timing at +4, 22cc domes, stock bore/stroke, no porting, and stock carbs (230 mains/25 pilots), K&N/Proflow, with 20" HDs on the rear. I'm still running the lid and snorkel too because where we ride there is plenty of deep water. It's a heavy mofo too especially with me on it at 250+ but I can get down and bog it like a 4-poke and spin it up with ease.

i have a 4mill,T5s,stock carbs,toomey 2-1 air filter,stock timing,19cc domes(175 psi),V3s, no porting,useing the spacer plate.i run a 15/38 for trail riding. but if you plan on going to a 38 you may wanna get a lonestar hub that uses a honda sprocket to a yamaha axle. reason is because when you go that small on on a yamaha the sprocket is so thin and easy to blow apart. and if you do plan on using you a yamaha sprocket you will have to grind down the hub so the chain won't hit it.

I run 13/41 for trails but i run trails that four strokes struggle to run, hey have lots of little steep hill climbs but immediate turns right after them or right before. with trees on both sides. and my powerband is so strong that its nearly impossible to handle in small spaces. keeping the gearing lower allows you to use more gears and gives you more bottom end. but i can still do 90 mph.... never need that in trails....

I run 13/41 for trails but i run trails that four strokes struggle to run, hey have lots of little steep hill climbs but immediate turns right after them or right before. with trees on both sides. and my powerband is so strong that its nearly impossible to handle in small spaces. keeping the gearing lower allows you to use more gears and gives you more bottom end. but i can still do 90 mph.... never need that in trails....

i run 15/40 in trails with my 421 serval if i run anything higher i cant control it

with that gearing their is no way you r hitting 90mph. with the gearing i have 15/38 i barely hit 90 mph and my bike pulls hard all the way to the end of 6th gear on pavement.

Edited by bansheesrtoys

with that gearing their is no way you r hitting 90mph. with the gearing i have 15/38 i barely hit 90 mph and my bike pulls hard all the way to the end of 6th gear on pavement.

I'm telling ya man that thing is crazy fast but i dont know about any of the mods done to it. i've never found a quad faster than mine hell not even close to mine.... i dunno though i might have a bad sense of speed but a modded ds 650 cant come close nor a modded raptor..... and not even on acceleration but on top speed alone....

I'm telling ya man that thing is crazy fast but i dont know about any of the mods done to it. i've never found a quad faster than mine hell not even close to mine.... i dunno though i might have a bad sense of speed but a modded ds 650 cant come close nor a modded raptor..... and not even on acceleration but on top speed alone....

i think you were really really high when you did ur speed run with my 22s and a 15/41 gearing and my trusty Gps i only did 84