Friends shee wont run

ok it all comes down to something electrical i belive. it was running just fine the other day an now it has no spark or anything. tried a new coil pack plugs. took apart every connector to make sure nothing was unplugged. i was woundering if i should unpin my 87 shees cdi an pin his 01 shee to try my cdi box on his or not... i dont belive its the stator but i could be wrong.. i kept thinkin his cdi went out. the only reason i think it was his cdi box is cause usly a stator gets weak before goin out an when i did an ohm test on ithe stator it passed with flying colors acourding to the book. so what do you guys think repin mine into his or just get a new cdi box

If the stator passed, check the coil next..... Then cdi.... Did you try new plugs?

yea tried 3 sets of plugs an tested the coil it tested fine but i pulled mine off my 87 cause i know it works an still no spark.. thats why im beliving its the cdi :(

first, go back to the cdi plug and test what it is seeing. put an ohm meter between black and black/red and make sure it gets continuity (keyswitch on) then between black and black/white and make sure there is not continuity. if you do get continuity, look for the tors box which is mounted under the gas tank with a 3-wire plug., un-plug it and make sure it never gets plugged back in, and do not splice any of the wires. if it's not there, check the kill-switch for malfunction. then, ohm out the white/red and green/red and it should be near 100 or so ohms. then, red to green, which should be like 16-21 ohms, IIRC. you can also measure orange to blac to get your coil reading. all theese need to be as described for the cdi to work..

.... oh, and yyou can usually smack the cdi, and it sometimes comes to life, if it's bad.

first, go back to the cdi plug and test what it is seeing. put an ohm meter between black and black/red and make sure it gets continuity (keyswitch on) then between black and black/white and make sure there is not continuity. if you do get continuity, look for the tors box which is mounted under the gas tank with a 3-wire plug., un-plug it and make sure it never gets plugged back in, and do not splice any of the wires. if it's not there, check the kill-switch for malfunction. then, ohm out the white/red and green/red and it should be near 100 or so ohms. then, red to green, which should be like 16-21 ohms, IIRC. you can also measure orange to blac to get your coil reading. all theese need to be as described for the cdi to work..

.... oh, and yyou can usually smack the cdi, and it sometimes comes to life, if it's bad.

thanks man gonna have to go out an give her a couple smacks an see what she does ;)