think i blew my engine today..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make sure the engine is at operating temps when testing compression.so yes,wear gloves.for shits and giggles unplug the tors box on the left side frame upbove pipe.

so just talked to jeff at F.A.S.T.. dam that guy reallly helped me out and gave me advice. heres what to come per the estimate he gave me.. let me know what you guys think. im sure it all sounds good because ive heard nothing but great things coming from this guy.

Qty Description Rate Total

Aggressive Dune/Play port stock stroke

Banshee Case Porting

1 True/Weld Crank

2 Bore/Hone Cylinder

2 Wiseco 513M06425 (.10 Over) just estimate of what he thought..considering its stock and he hasnt looked at it..

1 F.A.S.T. Head - Silver

1 20cc Domes Prem. Gas

1 Banshee Adjustable Timing Plate

4 Reed Gasket

2 Base Gasket

1 Banshee Clutch Gasket

1 Folding Lock Washer

1 1211 Sealer

1 Crank Seal - Clutch Side

1 Crank Seal - Flywheel Side

he also recommended 35mm carbs with some cpi, shear pipes..

So are you sending it to him to let him actually build it or just do the necessary work that you have listed? Personally I'd send my stuff to Herr Jugs. I've seen Kevin's work and it's top notch just as I'm sure Jeff's is except Kevin did my brother-in-law's top end in 10 days from the time he shipped it from his house to the time he got it back. Jeff took almost 3 months just to weld my crank... Just my opinion anyway.

Edited by bigblockbanshee

Ahh nice town, been there and Tybee several times. Anyway, it's kinda a catch-22 here. I'm not sure how Jeff is "normally" on turnaround time but he is closer to you. Kevin (Herr Jugs) is out on the West coast but his specialty is his turnaround time. I've heard several stories of people getting complete engines back in 3 weeks or less, and of course the example I gave above was a top end in 10 days from shipping out to delivery. On the mere quality of work, I can't really say exactly who would be the better outcome but I have seen and experienced Kevin's work and it is amazingly nice, consistent, and clean. I'd shop around a bit though, FAST and Herr Jugs aren't the only ones around. You have Passion, Wildcard, CP Customs, etc... Just go through the site sponsor list and pick your poison.

I've heard some sketchy info on CP Customs before but don't know if it's true or not. I've seen some of their work too and rode a 421 with a set of ported jugs from them and it ran really hard. May wanna look into that one a little further before you go that route though. I'd hate to send my stuff to a dishonest builder. I really don't even know if they're still in business or not come to think of it.

Edited by bigblockbanshee

so i found this on juggs to whats comparable to F.A.ST...let me know which one is better and why plz!

+4 Mil stock cyl, up to 80HP $1070.00 + $85 option for domes + $169 option Cool Head

This comes with a full port job of your choice on your stock cylinders. Drag ports extra. +4 mil crank, bearings,

pistons, rings, cir clips, wrist pin and bearings, bore & hone and gaskets for assembly. Send your cylinders in

today for the porting and in 2 weeks or less back they come with all the parts for your 4 mil build