need help on new motor what size to build 4 or 10mm serval

Well here is the issue we started hillclimbing and now we sigpaddle tires to climb the big pa coal hills. My quad has some work done to it see in sig. I'm 300lbs (I know I'm fat) I need more low end grunt for the hills that you dont have a running start or when you have to back out of the throttle when I go to get back in it it bogs.

My buddy with a new ktm 450 quad with paddles can walk right up the hill (I out class him in every aspect of riding but on the hills that you have to get off for a second he can start right back up and I can't.

I really dont want to get a 450 I love the banshee but need more grunt so can any one give me advise on motor to do what I want how much more power does a 10mm crank make over the 4mm I plan on using the new serval topend in either 68mm or the super serval 72mm what ar the pros and cons to all the above.

Please anyone who has one give me some feed back.

hmm wonder what a 10 mill serval port timings would be.

i'd HIGHLY suggest if you have a 10 serv built to have a GOOD builder that understands midrange NOT just top end screamer power build it.

and i'd second the 10 mill if you have the budget do it. OR go to a PV motor like a 485 or 535 cheeta. more bottom end than you will ever believe a banshee could make.

I was going to go with 10mm serval shearer in frames 34 mm carbs and set CR at around 150lbs or maybe cpi's.

would a 4mm cheetah make more low end than a 10mm serval?

Edited by lms1977

thats a tough one.

i know proper;y set up my old pv 485 on alky in a stock chassis with a 6 over was a major handfull in the trails. it wheelied like crazy and i was 245lbs at the time.

the crank is going to give you a lot more tq not sure what a serval would end up doing. i'd say it would have to be built and the porting be correct. might not be to bad of an engine.. really depends on your budget.

if i know what the port #s were for a serval 10 mill might make things a lil diff. i'd deff get the port work done on it either way.

thats a tough one.

i know proper;y set up my old pv 485 on alky in a stock chassis with a 6 over was a major handfull in the trails. it wheelied like crazy and i was 245lbs at the time.

the crank is going to give you a lot more tq not sure what a serval would end up doing. i'd say it would have to be built and the porting be correct. might not be to bad of an engine.. really depends on your budget.

if i know what the port #s were for a serval 10 mill might make things a lil diff. i'd deff get the port work done on it either way.

I'll see if I cn fnd out the #'s on the ports

well hell yeah! i still need to get out with you guys after my pos is running right. i wanna try the bear claws with like 3 psi and my hjr mx port out on the hills

i usually end up dropping to 1-2psi with the bear claws at the coal mine, but always start with 4 and adjust.... also, run backwards for soft shit