need help on new motor what size to build 4 or 10mm serval

I was going to go with 10mm serval shearer in frames 34 mm carbs and set CR at around 150lbs or maybe cpi's.

would a 4mm cheetah make more low end than a 10mm serval?

I'd go with bigger carbs then that. 39's would be good.

well, when you run them foreward, the "paddles" clean out the center as they grab for better traction, which usually works real good in dirt/gravel, or to get down into the thick mud, but running them backwards channels everything to the center lugs for better floatation on the real loose stuff like sand, silt, snow, etc. i don't know exactly what the terrain is like there, but it can be a viable option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally got to really ride the shee with the new motor and I love it tons of power everywhere! Went up camping with the guys in the coal region and the hills are insane no runway at all you pull out on the hill with a quads length start go 20ft slam 3rd and hold on it was awesome the guys up there were great at what they do climb hills.

The 465 several does not bog when I had to lift off the throttle and get back in it :) I let pabansheematt ride it he seemed to think it ran great said his 492 cheetha has a touch more top end power but other than that there fairly similar. I was very happy with someone else's opinion.

Also fwi for all the people that say the air box won't work I was running full box no lid with k&n with a foam outerware on it with 35mm pwk carbs 4deg timing 165lbs kicking (stock reeds for now with ground out stock intake boots) and shearer small bore inframes reworked to clear air box.

I would like to try 39 pwks and pods but I also trail ride and hit water from time to time.

The 465 trail rides better than my old stock cylinder motor hands down, you really don't shift you can use 4th gear from seems like 10 mph to 50mph this thing just pulls!!!

Congrats on your results!

What are you running for a clutch set-up?

Any transmission mods?

stock clutch basket and a clutch that east coast atv gave me regular no lock up 3reg and 3 hd springs I'm not sure on what the clutch is I trust him he said it will work.

I cut every other pad of the gears and modded my shift star it seems to shift good under power on a hill just let off the gas a little and pull up

• 4 years later...