Banshee Starting issues: Troubleshooting

Let me introduce myself briefly.... New to the banshee world. Have been lurking for a bit and there is tons of great information on the site... I purchased a 1999 banshee a few months ago and am now experiencing some starting issues. Once I get the motor started and warmed up, it starts just fine, no issues. I just did a compression test. From cyclinder to cylinder cold the compression is just over 40psi, once I get it started it drops to about 35 with a warmed up engine, seems a little low. I was expecting somewhere around 90+ psi. So at this point I'm leaning towards a top end rebuild. Haven't done a leak down test yet. Have to build the gauge first but will probably to the leak down test prior to deciding on the topend rebuild, just to make sure.

Mods on the quad are as follows: T5 pipes, Air box drilled and aftermarket filter (I believe UNI) . Previous owner told me it was jetted as well (I'm assuming it was one of the kits that you can get from Toomey).

Checked spark plugs and everything appears to be good. Slight tan color to the electrodes of both spark plugs and good strong spark (bright blue). Doesn't appear to be rich or lean. Don't believe there is any porting.

I run 91 octane gas and a 32:1 ration mix of redline.

I think that's just about everything... Any other suggestoins would be greatly appreciated. I think I'm on the right track though.

Let me introduce myself briefly.... New to the banshee world. Have been lurking for a bit and there is tons of great information on the site... I purchased a 1999 banshee a few months ago and am now experiencing some starting issues. Once I get the motor started and warmed up, it starts just fine, no issues. I just did a compression test. From cyclinder to cylinder cold the compression is just over 40psi, once I get it started it drops to about 35 with a warmed up engine, seems a little low. I was expecting somewhere around 90+ psi. So at this point I'm leaning towards a top end rebuild. Haven't done a leak down test yet. Have to build the gauge first but will probably to the leak down test prior to deciding on the topend rebuild, just to make sure.

Mods on the quad are as follows: T5 pipes, Air box drilled and aftermarket filter (I believe UNI) . Previous owner told me it was jetted as well (I'm assuming it was one of the kits that you can get from Toomey).

Checked spark plugs and everything appears to be good. Slight tan color to the electrodes of both spark plugs and good strong spark (bright blue). Doesn't appear to be rich or lean. Don't believe there is any porting.

I run 91 octane gas and a 32:1 ration mix of redline.

I think that's just about everything... Any other suggestoins would be greatly appreciated. I think I'm on the right track though.

HOLY FUCK!!1!!!11!!!! 40psi????????????????

last i checked a stock banshee should be around 120- 130 you better find a diff compression tester cause that dont sound right

I had no idea that they would run at such a low compression. If you have access to another compression tester try again. i re ringed my buddy's 06 when it got down to 95 PSI and the second time it got down that low i ran a ball hone through the cylinders lightly just to clean them up and went with a 64mm wiseco prolite kit, if the cylinders don't need to be bored why do it, prolong the life. I have an 03 with 64mm stock cylinders a cool head, timing advance V Force 3 reeds and some other slight mods and it still rips and i have put alot of hours on it since i put virgin cylinders on 3 years ago and i still have 134 PSI as of a month ago

So confirmed with a second gauge and compression a little better but still bad. Checked with fuel valve off first as suggested, then on. Not a whole lot of difference to my surprise. Anways, I'm expecting the worse and may have to bore out bigger. Would I have to rejet if I have to bore bigger?