Am I too rich?

Hello Banshee lovers, I just got my engine back from Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing. and I've been reading other posts and I think i may be running too rich. Here are a list of my mods and carb settings.

-K&N filter air box lid on, snorkle removed (I call it ram-air lol)

-VF3 reeds

-Timing advanced 4 Degrees

-HJR Dune/Play port

-Milled stock head .030

-FMF fatty pipes w/ powercore 2

Running at 2000ft ASL.

I have 320 main jets in stock carbs and 27.5 pilots, air screw 1.5 turns out.

I just got it back with a fresh rebuilt top end so I'm running premium mixed 32:1 with opti 2 oil. Usually run 40:1.

Not to get off topic but does anyone know if its alright to run Avgas 100ll, I'm a helicopter pilot so its easy to get at the airport. Also whats the best oil to run and what ratio.

Thanks, Aaron

Edited by jackass_25

Hello Banshee lovers, I just got my engine back from Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing. and I've been reading other posts and I think i may be running too rich. Here are a list of my mods and carb settings.

-K&N filter air box lid on, snorkle removed (I call it ram-air lol)

-VF3 reeds

-Timing advanced 4 Degrees

-HJR Dune/Play port

-Milled stock head .030

-FMF fatty pipes w/ powercore 2

Running at 2000ft ASL.

I have 320 main jets in stock carbs and 27.5 pilots, air screw 1.5 turns out.

I just got it back with a fresh rebuilt top end so I'm running premium mixed 32:1 with opti 2 oil. Usually run 40:1.

Not to get off topic but does anyone know if its alright to run Avgas 100ll, I'm a helicopter pilot so its easy to get at the airport. Also whats the best oil to run and what ratio.

Thanks, Aaron

i run av gas.

you pretty much have almost the same mods i have and im at the same jetting you are, except i have the lid removed on the air box. It could just be you are running 32 to 1 ... thats what im running now but I've been fouling plugs.. gona have to go to 40:1

Thanks guys, Well obviously I didn't mean $money$ rich, lol. I'm only running one tank of 32:1 cuz i just got it back from HJR with a fresh rebuilt top end. Otherwise I always run 40:1. I just took the air box lid off and will ride like that to see how it is, I'll have to put it back on for the muddy days. Seems to be running just fine but wanted to make sure I wasn't bogging myself down with extra un-needed fuel.

~Aaron

so i realized i wasnt running 320's... i was only at 280 for my main jets. i just upped them to 300's and it runs nice. but for my pilots im running 27.5 and tried to set them according to the jet setting guide and i think im a size too low on the pilot. i set them out passed 3 turn and no change in rmp happened so i think i need to go to a 30 pilot jet. let me know what you think.

so i realized i wasnt running 320's... i was only at 280 for my main jets. i just upped them to 300's and it runs nice. but for my pilots im running 27.5 and tried to set them according to the jet setting guide and i think im a size too low on the pilot. i set them out passed 3 turn and no change in rmp happened so i think i need to go to a 30 pilot jet. let me know what you think.

Airscrew out is leaner(more air) Airscrew in is richer(less air)

Correct me if i am wrong.