clutch isn't fully disengaging?

hey guys, when i was drag racing last weekend, i was holding my clutch lever in, and winding out the motor and my shee was slightly moving forward, i'm guessing this is an adjustment i need to make to the clutch, does anyone know exactly what it is?

cable is brand new and so is the clutch, maybe adjustment is my guess

If you have already self diagnosed that its adjustment issues, they go adjust it, run it, and report back... Whats the point in asking if you already have it stuck in your head that you have the cure?

• 5 months later...

It's possible on even built motors to keep it from creeping. I can wind all of mine up pretty good and i they won't roll, unless I hold it down for way too long (3 - 4 seconds+), and then it barely creeps. That's due to the clutch fibers getting hot.

With the clutch cover off and cable loose turn the adjuster/pankcake bearing so that the actuator lines up near the arrow on the case. Also make sure that you can feel some play in the pancake bearing. YOu don't want it where you can't turn it, or move it at all. Tighten the clutch cable until there's about a nickels thickness of play at the clutch lever on the handle bars. Pull in the clutch lever and see if you can turn the pressure plate by hand. It will take a bit of force to get it broke loose, but should be easy after that. If you can't get it to do that, either tighten the cable or the pancake bearing until you can do that. That way you know before you ever put the clutch cover on it will not creep. I remember the days of adjusting, reassembly, and starting it up to test it, only to have to keep adjusting it. In that case it wasn't an adjustment issue, I had some springs that would coil bind. Had I tried to turn the pressure plate, I would have known that something was wrong.

Didn't watch the video, btw, If some of this is redundant, I apologize.