stroker kit

When I out a "kit" in mine it was a 4 mill including porting the cylinders. It can be done and I believe it's well worth it. It would be a good idea to invest in some carbs as well

Well I mainly just ride trails and do some hill climbing but I have a friend that has a banshee that's bored .50 over with k&n airfilter and some reed spacers and reeds and fmf fatty pipes with power core 2s and when we drag raced we were even till we hit 3rd and he just left me and id like to be able to keep up without boring it till I have to but even then I only want to go up to the next size I have to

Edited by amont21987

i get what your saying......BUT if your gonna want to go to a "stroker" motor then you will be needing new pistons anyways. which means your gonna have to have it bored to those pistons.

I think what you would really want is to send your cylinders out to one of our site sponsors and have them "port" your cylinders. This is where they go through and modify your intake and exhaust ports and timing which will REALLY wake your bike up. And you don't have to have new pistons put in (unless you really do need it)

i think most of the kits come with a base spacer ,which is bad . the point of the stroker crank is to add to the "power stroke " . when the piston is going up and the last lil bit of the exhaust port closes that is when the power stroke starts . If you just stuff a shim under the cylinders you will end up with the same powerstroke as the stock crank .

you can go here http://www.bansheedepot.com/default.asp buy a 4mm long rod and pistons (795)

then go here http://www.vitosperformance.com/atv_parts/product.php?productid=480&cat=200&page=1 and get a thicker head gasket to make room for the stroker

it wont be a perfect engine but its cheap , it will whomp your buddy , and it'll get you by till you get a cub.............fuck i shoud start selln kits ;)

My son's banshee has exactly what Mike is showing you. If you needed a crank and a bore it's an economical way to go. Increases it to about 380-385cc.

I wouldn't have known unless I had to tear it down because he flipped it into a mud hole banghead . Granted you leave some power on the table by not porting for the stroker but you can always do it later. My son's still had stock pipes so he is still leaving a lot on the table. Also not ported either, but it runs good enough for him (for now, lol) . Let us know what you decide. :cheers: