Banshee transmission oil change

1. Place oil pan under quad

2. Remove drain plug located on bottom of motor

3. Let oil drain until it slows to a drip.

4. Replace drain plug

5. Remove dipstick located on right side of engine

6. Pour in oil about 1500 cc. Check with dipstick. When checking oil level do not thread in.

7. Replace dipstick

8. Run for a few minutes

9. Check oil level

1. Place oil pan under quad

2. Remove drain plug located on bottom of motor

3. Let oil drain until it slows to a drip.

4. Replace drain plug

5. Remove dipstick located on right side of engine

6. Pour in oil about 1500 cc. Check with dipstick. When checking oil level do not thread in.

7. Replace dipstick

8. Run for a few minutes

9. Check oil level

thnks guys

thnks guys

4.drain bolt torque spec is 14ft.lbs. i use bel ray 85w yes kinda thick but holds up strong for my riding conditions, and use KLOTZ SUPER techniplate for premix

Edited by MRPINK

4.drain bolt torque spec is 14ft.lbs. i use bel ray 85w yes kinda thick but holds up strong for my riding conditions, and use KLOTZ SUPER techniplate for premix

What do u mean by the oil is thick???what happens if it is thick???? nd if i dont tighten the bolt to de specified torque what will haappen???

Edited by banshee jump

The viscosity of the oil is higher. Move through rubbing alcohol, and then move through maple syrup. Can you guess which would have a higher viscosity (thicker, so to speak). I run honda's performance trans oil. Some will suggest shit like ATF because it is thinner, but you'll be changing it about every ten hours of use or expect to glaze your clutch plates if you don't.

And I have never broken out the torque wrench for my oil plug. I roughly know what it feels like. Make sure it is good and tight.... but there's no need for super hillbilly strength.

the belray stuff is synthetic isnt it? synthetic oil seems to be "thinner" than conventional oil for a given viscosity.

I am one of those that run ATF because i am hard on clutches but any good oil designed for a wet clutch will work. royal purple 10w40 does not fall into that category. I would expect clutch problems running something like that.

edit- personal preference but i also run 2 quarts to keep the pushrod and ball lubricated.

the belray stuff is synthetic isnt it? synthetic oil seems to be "thinner" than conventional oil for a given viscosity.

I am one of those that run ATF because i am hard on clutches but any good oil designed for a wet clutch will work. royal purple 10w40 does not fall into that category. I would expect clutch problems running something like that.

edit- personal preference but i also run 2 quarts to keep the pushrod and ball lubricated.

What will happen if i dont use a torque wrench just common sense???

• 3 years later...

I'm doing an oil change on my 98 banshee and I was reading the back of a honda HP 80/85 trans oil bottle and it said it had anti friction additives and was wondering would it fuck up my clutch if I used it