craidgslist scam

Handyman

found a banshee in my area for sale...supposedly it was bought and owner never started it or put fuel in it...$1800

here is the link

http://visalia.craigslist.org/tid/2279008210.html

here is the email I got from the supposed owner...

Hello there,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 2003 Yamaha Banshee Brand New Quad.

First of all I want to let you know that the quad is available, it's in perfect condition, brand new, clear title, free of encumbrances and liens. I bought it when I was serving in Fort Stewart, GA.

I have dropped my price to $1800 (purchase price) since this is an urgent sale and I need to sell it before 31 March, when I will be deployed in Iraq with my company replacing the troops scheduled to come home. I have decided to use Google Checkout for this sale . The quad is already at our Military Logistic Department form Fort Stewart, U.S. Army, crated and ready to go.

The Logistic Department will deliver the Banshee to your home. I will offer a 10 days period to inspect the quad from the moment you receive it. The shipping will be free for you! I'm currently stationed in London, United Kingdom until 31 March, when I will be deployed to Iraq. This is why I must sell it before that.

If you agree with my price $1800, I need your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS, so I can inform Google Checkout that I have a buyer! I will forward your details to them and then you will receive an invoice(with no further obligations or fees). Like this you’ll be able to talk with them directly and ask all you want to know.

PS: If there are any questions left please don't hesitate to ask. I can provide you more photos & details if you are interested to buy it.

More Pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/100133717935428032194/2003YamahaBansheeBrandNewQuad?feat=directlink

(if the link doesn't work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).

Thank You,

Lt. Rachel Madison

I saw this too and got the same email back yesterday, so I sent an email to the military police at Fort Stewart, GA letting them know that someone is running a scam in the guise of a soldier who's being shipped out to Iraq. Should piss them off enough that they'll forward it to whoever investigates this sort of thing. :headbang: