Dumbest thing you ever did to your banshee ( mechanical)

Installed a piston backwards once, lol... didnt notice until it ran on one cylinder haha

installed engine and stator plug end jammed between motor and frame. lift engine and start over lol.

The list goes on and on.... It all comes down to being in a damn hurry :shootself:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put a pancake bearing in two bikes in one day. Got done with the second bike, and realized I put it in the wrong way. I put the washer and bearing in the wrong order. So we broke it back down and fixed it. Then we had to take the first bikes clutch back apart to make the same change...........................only to find out it was done right....lol...

I have done more second guessing mistakes, but that was a bad day.

Here's another classic

My sons first top end rebuild.

He ruined a set of rings & scared the shit out of the cylinder walls because he didn't know about the ring pin on the piston ring bed.

I stopped over to check on his progress & he was dumbfounded & extremely pissed off.

Oh well. Lesson learned. :jesterlaugh:

Great responses guys.

Thanks,

Troy

Dumbest thing I ever did was let skeeter in my house. He sniffed my underwear drawer and now he keeps trying to sneak in my house all the time.

Put my 6 over swinger on and new chain. Cut the chain with it around my after market "black" nylon slider that goes around the pivot tube of the swinger instead of the primary drive sprocket. New chain was then too short! I thought I had an awful lot of chain left over!

SP

Installed a piston backwards once, lol... didnt notice until it ran on one cylinder haha

installed engine and stator plug end jammed between motor and frame. lift engine and start over lol.

The list goes on and on.... It all comes down to being in a damn hurry :shootself:

I've done the same thing with the engine plugs twice.

I was finishing up a top end for a friend. Head didn't seem to line up right, so I started torquing it down. I forgot to put the cylinder nuts on and broke 2 head studs off.

Only when I'm in a hurry