Banshee breaking up at high rpm

jmiller

Hey seasoned guys need some help here. I have a banshee that is breaking up under WOT launch and high revs through the gears. It only happens when im really reving it out but it sounds like a rev limiter. Since there is no such thing on a stock banshee it wont go away. I was wondering what electrical parts commonly cause something like this to happen. I know that when i origninally took off my stator cover there was light rust in there nothing major. Top end has less than 10 hours on it. Tryed all jets from 310-360 tryed different needles different settings different pilots different settings. I know my carbs drip gas out the overflow when i park it it has always done that not sure if that could be the problem? List of mods and elevation at bottom. Has been driving me completely nuts for months. Have tryed cleaning carbs. Changed plugs. Pickup gap is good Plug gap is good someone has to have had this happen before thanks for your help

2002 Yamaha Banshee

FAST dune port

.40 Wiesco pistons

Shearer Small Bore inframes

V-Force 3 Reeds

Adjustable plate +4

Cool Head 20cc domes 145psi cold both jugs

Nology Coil and Wires (BRand NEw)

K&N pod filters

Tors eliminated

Stock Carbs

CUrrent Jetting

340 Main

Stock Needle Mid. CLip

Stock Pilot A/screw 1___1 1/2 out depends on temp.

Other than gettting a bigger set of carbs is there anything i can do? Like maybe pingel? or bigger bowls? thanks

I had that problem, mine ended up being a bad coil, nology none the less

took it out put a stock coil back in, been running great ever since

sounds like you are drying up your bowls.

and you don't need bigger carbs, you need bigger bowls.

also make sure your petcock is flowing fuel good and your carbs are getting the fuel.

Thanks ZillaFreak that sounds like it could be the case would drying up the bowls be easy to do with setup i have? thanks for the input guys

Check your floats and make sure they don't have cracks in them , if you have a cracked float ( the fuel just dries out the plastic and over time it cracks and fuel seeps in ) this can cause headaches for weeks before you figure it out , could be the reason it's always coming out of the overflows or the float height is incorrect . Dual pingel , bigger fuel line , anything you can do to keep them huffers fed......

Check your floats and make sure they don't have cracks in them , if you have a cracked float ( the fuel just dries out the plastic and over time it cracks and fuel seeps in ) this can cause headaches for weeks before you figure it out , could be the reason it's always coming out of the overflows or the float height is incorrect . Dual pingel , bigger fuel line , anything you can do to keep them huffers fed......

Just tested ign. coil and pickup coil

IGN. Coil tested 16.4 Supposed to be between 13.7-20.5

Pickup Coil. Tested 104.8 Suppossed t o be between 94-140

So both of them are good and the nology coil and hotwires is very new. I wouldnt think id have a problem with a brand new coil wires and caps. But idk?

Does this sound more like a fuel related issue or a electrical? thanks guys