Help: Banshee Running Funny

loeyboy

Okay, your going to have to follow me on this one:

I have an '06 Banshee which is all sotck with the exception of T5/Boost Bottle and foam filter. Still has the stock carbs and the tors.

I installed a rear brake block of plate 3 weeks ago before I put her away. Last week when I went to kick her over, it ran liike crap and I thought I was having catb issues.

Long story short it wasn't the carbs, it was the green/yellow wire that I didn't know I was suppose to cut that casued the rev limiter to kick in.

Anyway, before I knew that I had already pulled the left carb off and cleaned it.

Now here is my problem.

- Once I found out all I needed to do was cut the wire. I finished cleaniing the carb put the carb back on and put in 2 new plugs.

- When I went to kick her over. She started running like crap again (different kind of crap).

- Now she won't stay idle the first few kick, once she gets warm, she'll start to idel but then she'll start to idle really high?

- At first when she wouldn't idle, I thought I had a bad seal somewhere from the mid pipe or the the header, but when she finally started to idle high, I didn't think that was the issue anymore?

- Before all this she started every 1st and 2nd kick for the last 2 years I've had her. I can't understand how cleaning a carb, installing plugs, installing a block off plate and cutting the green wire could cause her to start giving me problerms?

Any suggestions?

Edited by loeyboy

Hmmmmm...still having a problem.

- I checked the boots and they are all fine.

- I also, double checked the choke tube and that seems to be fine?

Is there any type of timing setting I should be looking at on the carb/TORs? There has to be something I am missing?

What are some casues for her not to idle?

What are some causes for her to start to idle high and seem like the slide could be sticking?

Check and make sure youve still got adequate gas in her, that could be as simple as it is, as they do rev high when emptying out? Make sure you check really well around the crossover tube intakes(where youre boost bottle goes in) take the bottle off and look. They(as Im sure you know ) are notorious for cracking the intakes causing a lien condition and a high rev situation.