Banshee 4mm or 10mm duner

Im looking into turning my ported stock banshee in a real dune machine. First off all my budget will is set at $3,500-$4,000. I have the cases split ATM so im just going to go all out well as far as my cash will take me. Ive been doing some reading and i want to get Cheetah Cub Cylinder. I need help on choosing the right crank for this duner, i want to use race gas and what other MODS will be necessary to have a good reliable machine at the dunes. I ride my bike at Pismo dunes i do a little riding around then i head straight to the drags. THIS will only be a dune only machine so anybody with advice please give me some feedback.Thanks

Im looking into turning my ported stock banshee in a real dune machine. First off all my budget will is set at $3,500-$4,000. I have the cases split ATM so im just going to go all out well as far as my cash will take me. Ive been doing some reading and i want to get Cheetah Cub Cylinder. I need help on choosing the right crank for this duner, i want to use race gas and what other MODS will be necessary to have a good reliable machine at the dunes. I ride my bike at Pismo dunes i do a little riding around then i head straight to the drags. THIS will only be a dune only machine so anybody with advice please give me some feedback.Thanks

Ditch the cub and get a set of serval cylinders, small-block twister cylinders, or a cheetah. Any of those would be a hell of a lot better for a dune bike than cubs. If you have the budget go with the 10mil. Lots of low-end torque makes for a fun dune machine. Get a good solid crank. Trued and welded, TZ bearings, straight-cuts, billet basket, lockup, etc.

your right n2o.. im just confuzed on what i want.. i want something fast as hell that will whoop all over 4 pokes at are hooked up n sum other modded shee's in the drags. So with a hillshooter setup i wont be able to enjoy riding around the dunes?

Edited by RedMonKey

+1 on the Serval. I personally am building a 421 serval with R2 inframes, 35mm PWKS, VF3 reeds, Dyna ignition, straight cut gears, lock out, ect. Its a well built solid motor that is intended to lower the self esteem of the 4 stroke crowd I ride with while maintaining reliability. Obviously suspension work and braking will be just as important, which I have addressed too. The serval cylinder produces a wide range of power so you can cruise it and race it. With the torque it produces, you can really work on spectacular launches.

Im sure a Serval build will be one damn nice engine setup with about 80hp or so. Without much actual seat time from anyone yet, I wonder how close the performance will be to a strong 4-mill agg dune port stk cylinder setup from any of the site sponsers? I have one built by HJR and it is incredible mid to top with as much bottom end as you would expect from a 2-stroke like that. Thinking that it would be enough power to keep me satisfied, the only problem now is that I'm left wanting more as the power is so addicting. When a person talks about duning and lots of dragging I wonder if a properly built and setup Cub cylinder would be a better choice? It will be my next step. Something to think about when making your decision.

Im sure a Serval build will be one damn nice engine setup with about 80hp or so. Without much actual seat time from anyone yet, I wonder how close the performance will be to a strong 4-mill agg dune port stk cylinder setup from any of the site sponsers? I have one built by HJR and it is incredible mid to top with as much bottom end as you would expect from a 2-stroke like that. Thinking that it would be enough power to keep me satisfied, the only problem now is that I'm left wanting more as the power is so addicting. When a person talks about duning and lots of dragging I wonder if a properly built and setup Cub cylinder would be a better choice? It will be my next step. Something to think about when making your decision.

Im thinking the same thing beebs.. If anyone has used or owned a Cheetah cub Duning machine please give some input. Iv already ordered my +4mm crank but i cant not decide on what Cylinder would best suit my style. I love to dune around while i travel to the drag area at pismo n drag for a good while if theres any bikes there :unsure: but if no bikes are draging i want to be able to tear sum stuff up on the dunes.Will there be any heating issues using a cub as a hard duner?

red....have you considered a cheetah Power Valve set up??? I have a 421 PV set up and the valves offer good bottom end for when not at WOT. I drag and dune as well and love it...I can get going from a rolling start and not have to clutch it to get on the pipe. I just hit it and go...