jetting tips

I have just bought a toomey t5 exhaust and headers I have a completely stock banshee except for that my elevation is less than 1000 does anyone know the jets I should be able to use. I haven't ever had to figure out the jets I should be using and I bought the exhaust used so its not coming with the jets it should need

I have just bought a toomey t5 exhaust and headers I have a completely stock banshee except for that my elevation is less than 1000 does anyone know the jets I should be able to use. I haven't ever had to figure out the jets I should be using and I bought the exhaust used so its not coming with the jets it should need

when i got my shee it was stock with t5's at 650ft and it had 280 mains with stock pilots installed by a local yamaha dealer. i would start near there.

id probably say to start around a 280 also....if it seems to have a small problem starting from a stop or if it seems to stumble then you're going to need to jump the pilot jet up to a 27.5

just make sure you do a plug chop to make sure that your jetting is spot on...

I have no clue what a plug chop is, I am new to the atv scene I just rode my friends when I was younger and always liked the look sound and power of the banshee so that's what I bought

I love the power too. Anyways I was in the same boat, well I'm still learning about jetting. If u go to the jetting forum, there is a sticky about jetting, and plug chop. It really helped me out. Try it. Also, look at buying a clymers hand manual. The banshee bible.

Definately get yourself a clymers manual. its worth its weight in gold. A plug chop is what is done to get jetting dialed in perfect. It bases the readings off of BRAND NEW spark plugs as your fuel will form a carbon ring on the little white porceolin piece of a new spark plug.

in order to do a plug chop.....you need to start your bike up and warm it up on the used plugs that are already in it. then remove those plugs and install new plugs and as soon as you start the bike up run it up to full speed through all 6 gears. When you top out, you need to pull the clutch in and hit the kill switch and coast to a stop....then install the OLD plugs that had you warmed the bike up on and ride home. Cut the threads off of the new spark plugs and look at the white insulator. You want to see a milk choclate colored ring about 2mm tall starting from the base. If its darker then your bike is running rich......if its a lighter color than milk choclate then your bike is running too lean.

hope this helps...