In Glamis, need help

SuperMex

Bike is shutting down and sputtering on left cylinder, left side exhaust is weak I swapped plug wires and still same thing so coil is good. Put in new plugs still nothing checked compression 130 in both cylinders carbs are sync perfect and jetted exactly the same I'm at a loss some one have any idea wtf is going on or what to try ?

Bike is shutting down and sputtering on left cylinder, left side exhaust is weak I swapped plug wires and still same thing so coil is good. Put in new plugs still nothing checked compression 130 in both cylinders carbs are sync perfect and jetted exactly the same I'm at a loss some one have any idea wtf is going on or what to try ?

Do you have a compression tester with you?? if not see if someone does or maybe the vendors are selling them.

I would check compression at this point.

:cheers:

Checked left silencer and stinger no blockage I give up, I'm camped with some very knowledgeable guys and no one can figure this out. It idles but is spitting and sputtering and backfiring and once I run it the left cylinder shuts down going to have to pull motor apart to find the problem I guess

I would look more at the intake. If you swaped the plug wires and the problem stayed on that side, then chances are the stator is fine. Maybe check vent hoses, filter, spray some starter fluid around the intake look for a air leak. what are your mods, elev, and what jets do you have?

I forgot to mention a few things, sprayed ether around gaskets no air leaks, check and blew out all hoses everything on intake side is perfect, getting is dialed in for sure plug chop shows a nice light brown ring. Need to strip it down and pull motor to find problem

I had a similar problem when I rebuilt mine. One of slides in one of my carbs was spinning around when the bike was running, but looked normal when not running. The little brass piece in the side of the carb that keeps the groove on the slide in the right position had backed out., and allowed the slide to spin around with the vibration from running. That was with stock carbs right after the tors was removed. I noticed you had 28s, Idk if maybe you have a similar problem.