need some help

gstaten24

hey everybody, sorry to make another jetting thread but im stumped haha

so i have an 02 banshee with stock carbs, cpi pipes, pods v force reeds, cool head, hjr dune ported cylinders with a 4 mil crank i have the timing set at +4. im currently at 4500 ft. right now i have air/fuel at 2 turns out, 320 mains, 35 pilots, and needle clip on the third down. whats happening is it is really hard to start cold but then when it gets warm it starts fine. also when its warm but not hot it runs almost perfect but once it gets completely hot it cuts out on both cylinders in mid range. any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by gstaten24

The cold starting issue could be completely seperate from the mid range bog. Make sure the carb bowl with the 'starter jet' is in the left side carb and that the choke tube/crossover tube is on between the carbs. Jetting always starts with the mains. If you've done a plug chop and have the mains dialed, great. If not do that first then move on to the needle & pilot circuits. If the midrange still has a bog raise the clip a notch at a time to see if it smooths out. If you still have issues, the pilot and air screws may need adjusted.

I know the float bowls are correct because it started first kick before I tore it down and rebuilt it. And yes t does have the crossover tube there between the carbs. I wish I had a dyno around here that would make it mug easier but I'm taking it out today and we will see how it goes I'll let you guys know when I get back home

Ok so I finally was able to do some tuning. I went from a 320 main to a 330 main. I moved the needle clip from 2nd slot down from the top to third down. And I played with the air/fuel screw while it was hot. Nothing happened it ran the same as it did before. So then I changed to a 310 main and nothing happened it stayed the same. Then I put the 330 main back in and changed the needle clip from 3rd down to 4th down and still nothing. I played with the air/fuel screw going as far as 3.5 turns out and still didn't change anything. What it's doing is cutting out at about mid range no matter where I have the throttle at. It does it from 1/4 throttle to WOT. any ideas?

I tested my coil bout a month ago and it was in specs but I'll test it again. And yes it does have fresh plugs in there. I have a spare stator as well I might put that in there just to eliminAte that as the problem

Im not from a high elevation, but I do have my bike dialed in pretty good. My mods are comprable to yours minus the 4mil but my jetting numbers are much lower. Now that I have PJs the setup will have to be refined again

My setup was 270 mains, and 27.5 pilot, as instructed to me from Wildcard. Youd have to compenstae for the air being thinner, but Im thinking 300 mains and 30 pilots?

I ran mine in -25c on 320 mains, and 32.5 pilots and fouled all day long.

Well I ran 300 mains before I switched my t6s for CPI'S and added a dune Port and 4 mill. Kevin at HJR told me to run 330s and they seem ok but no matter how I change my jetting I still have the same problem it doesn't get better and it doesn't get worse so I'm thinking it's an issue with spark

ok i finally figured out what my problem was, for whatever reason the float bowl was getting sucked dry and it was cutting out like it had an electrical issue, so now im just gonna get some 35 mm kehinhs cuz i wanted new carbs anyway. thanks for all the help everyone.