Are all Toomey silencers like this? Pic inside...

Yes I should've said stinger in my title but I can't edit it. Anyway I'm trying to put on my exhaust an notice that the left silencer sticks out about an inch past the right side and the added length is in the stinger tube, the pipes are close to the same. Are all of them like this? Seems really tacky to me. These are T5s by the way.

0307112039.jpg

Edited by bigblockbanshee

I just got done putting new stinger seals and head seals for the toomey exhaust on mine and I do not have one that sticks out any farther on one side than the other --- but I ahve seen others that way you are describing -- and have put a little extra bend in the sitnger pipe for clearance to change the length (AKA shorthen) and seemend to clear the frame on that side a little better -- just food for thought

is that a piece of garden hose on the end of the silencer and end of the header? my left side does not fit well at all...the clamp will bearly make the 2 meet. any suggestions?...the silencer doesnt even mount well at the last mount..the exhaust is in like perfect shape tho.

is that a piece of garden hose on the end of the silencer and end of the header? my left side does not fit well at all...the clamp will bearly make the 2 meet. any suggestions?...the silencer doesnt even mount well at the last mount..the exhaust is in like perfect shape tho.

It's the rubber piece that came with the pipe clamps that I bought. And yes it is strikingly similar to a big garden hose IMO. After I tweaked the mounts a bit and got them evened up somewhat I just tightened everything from the silencers forward. I got some wierd looking rear hangers off of another 'shee though so that may have something to do with it. Everything seems ok now, fired it for the first time last night.