Oil leaking where cylinder meets pipes

CraigP

Yesterday I got brand new Works shocks and installed them.

I rode for a little and then realized that there was oil caked on where the cylinder meets the pipes.

I took off the pipes and there is oil on the bottom of them and the front part of the cylinder has oil coated on it.

The oil doesnt pour out, it gradually just leaks out, like if u look at the cylinder it all looks fine.

I use DG Pipes (I dont personally like them, they were on it when i bought the banshee), could the pipes be the problem?

Problems/ Solutions?

Every top end kit comes with a set of o rings, use them up. I get them from a hydraulics dealer if I need them before top end time. Mine used to do the same thing, but I had to find a solution as well, as I got sick of cleaning the front of the bike so much.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I got brand new Works shocks and installed them.

I rode for a little and then realized that there was oil caked on where the cylinder meets the pipes.

I took off the pipes and there is oil on the bottom of them and the front part of the cylinder has oil coated on it.

The oil doesnt pour out, it gradually just leaks out, like if u look at the cylinder it all looks fine.

I use DG Pipes (I dont personally like them, they were on it when i bought the banshee), could the pipes be the problem?

Problems/ Solutions?

CHECK FOR DAMAGE AT PIPE END IF NONE INSTALL NEW O-RINGS.