F.A.S.T. Racing 4 mil Serval Cub

05stroker

Those are pretty nice numbers. I can wait to see what mine runs. I'll be running 35s with R2s. I know of a guy that has pretty much my exact setup that will be dynoing his soon. I believe Borrnick will be posting the numbers if not I'll post mine when I get it all put together.

Those are pretty nice numbers. I can wait to see what mine runs. I'll be running 35s with R2s. I know of a guy that has pretty much my exact setup that will be dynoing his soon. I believe Borrnick will be posting the numbers if not I'll post mine when I get it all put together.

hey FASTass......when and where are you going to get your banshee dyno'd........curious cause i didn't know of anyone with an atv dyno around us.

Snop a few things you need to remember here.. First off, most people on this site, or in this sport for that matter dont know or understand what the eddy current brake is or what it does nor do they give a fuck.. If you thought for a second that people were going to warm up to your test with the numbers looking that low then your nuts.. Second off there may be some missunderstanding because most dyno graphs that people are going to see have engine RPM on the bottom of the graph and not MPH like all your "loaded" graphs do.. All of this is fine and dandy, I dont think you wee trying to show "look how much mine makes" or "hey look this setup is the best" as much as you are trying to show what the on dyno experience shows for a couple different pipe setups. With that being said, on your unloaded graph your HP looks close, but your tourqe looks low. My decked 7 (now a 4) cub which is more or less a serval made just over 80hp @ 8800 and just over 50ftlbs from 7000-9000 as I remember. This was on a "traditional" dynojet dyno with T-5s and 35PWKs.. In my opinion this is not nor would it ever be the ideal setup for this motor, its just the way it was setup at that time..

hey FASTass......when and where are you going to get your banshee dyno'd........curious cause i didn't know of anyone with an atv dyno around us.

I don't really know for sure when I'll be getting mine dynoed due to money but there are actually a couple around us. There is one at ExtreamRPM on hall and hydenrick and there is Kennedy powersports and I believe there out in Romeo area. Or there's always vitos in bloomfeild area but I would personally rather go either of the other ones before vitos.

Snop a few things you need to remember here.. First off, most people on this site, or in this sport for that matter dont know or understand what the eddy current brake is or what it does nor do they give a fuck.. If you thought for a second that people were going to warm up to your test with the numbers looking that low then your nuts.. Second off there may be some missunderstanding because most dyno graphs that people are going to see have engine RPM on the bottom of the graph and not MPH like all your "loaded" graphs do.. All of this is fine and dandy, I dont think you wee trying to show "look how much mine makes" or "hey look this setup is the best" as much as you are trying to show what the on dyno experience shows for a couple different pipe setups. With that being said, on your unloaded graph your HP looks close, but your tourqe looks low. My decked 7 (now a 4) cub which is more or less a serval made just over 80hp @ 8800 and just over 50ftlbs from 7000-9000 as I remember. This was on a "traditional" dynojet dyno with T-5s and 35PWKs.. In my opinion this is not nor would it ever be the ideal setup for this motor, its just the way it was setup at that time..

You can't compare two differemt dynos for numbers.

As would I, all my charts are hp/tq over rpm...mph can be very misleading when reading dyno charts.

Another note there have been other tests done on low end style pipes compared to the cpi and shearer pipe and the shearer and cpi always came out on top. Your rebuttal to the tests were that all of the "low end" parts were not used such as your 28's and reeds. So on these test why not the same? How do YOU know that your pc's 28's and reeds are the best when you didnt compare to shearers/cpi's bigger carbs and vforce III's?? I have some more charts of our serval and i would like to overlay it on your graphs to see how they compare but they would need to be in rpm.

Also was the cylinder ported at all or as cast from cp?

I don't really know for sure when I'll be getting mine dynoed due to money but there are actually a couple around us. There is one at ExtreamRPM on hall and hydenrick and there is Kennedy powersports and I believe there out in Romeo area. Or there's always vitos in bloomfeild area but I would personally rather go either of the other ones before vitos.

vitos is not in bloomfeild nor do they have a dyno.

As would I, all my charts are hp/tq over rpm...mph can be very misleading when reading dyno charts.

Another note there have been other tests done on low end style pipes compared to the cpi and shearer pipe and the shearer and cpi always came out on top. Your rebuttal to the tests were that all of the "low end" parts were not used such as your 28's and reeds. So on these test why not the same? How do YOU know that your pc's 28's and reeds are the best when you didnt compare to shearers/cpi's bigger carbs and vforce III's?? I have some more charts of our serval and i would like to overlay it on your graphs to see how they compare but they would need to be in rpm.

Andy, you cant compare numbers from your dyno to numbers on ours. It is still two entirely different dynos. You can compare the curve shapes, but numbers are not going to be exact. only way to do it is test smaller carbs, amd smaller carbs on your dyno, or big carbs and on the one we used.

We are done doing testing with this serval now. It did exactly what I thought it would do, and it impressed everybody who was there. I am positive it will run with any other serval set up on pump gas, even if they run bigger carbs and them whiz bang topend pipes. I know we got this setup to accelerate fast and work well in the holes. I rode this before we dyno tested it, and it feels a lot faster than my 350 is. Shane had me got on, I rode for 5 minutes and told him to change the pilo. He did that and it got even faster off the bottom and rips. I have been dyno testing and tuning for a long time. I have experience with crank dynos, rear wheel inertia dynos, and rear wheel eddy current dynos. I have quite a bit of experience building low-mid setups, and this thing is one of the most impressive bikes I have been on yet. It isn't up to the hp of the re-sleeved cub 7mm motors yet, but it is in the ballpark.

I think windy had commented on jetting for changing pipe numbers. we started ad 430 with the pc's, went down to 410, lost power and went up to 450, saw better numbers and went to 470, saw a loss and went to 460 where we saw the best numbers for the plug colors we wanted. Plug color wise this was a very conservative plug color, and would be borderline rich for what most people look for on a plug. even if we ran the cpi's and they wanted more fuel than that, running them lean would have squeeked even more hp out of them causing even higher numbers than if we ran them at optimal jet setting for a real world riding scenario, and real world plug color. you can change fueling adjustments on the dyno to chase after hp numbers, we wanted to do a plug chop and set this thing up closest to where it needed to be to ride and be jetted safely out of the lean range. Shane was very worried about running it lean and toasting the top end, so my main goal was to put him at ease and make sure we were in a safe zone for jetting.

The only curve that is in mph is the unloaded one, which is probably the one you would want to overlay. I will see if we can get that changed and emailed to us. It wont be quickly though.

Nate McCoy tested stock carbs and reed cages with shearer's, cpi's and t5's. he said the t5's failed and the cpi's and shearer's were around 80hp and 50ft lbs. I get what you are saying about testing the bigger carbs with the setup we had but we only had about 3 hours to get the testing done and I dont have a set of 35's larger intakes and v-force reeds. Kind of the same thing when you didn't have a set of pro circuits to try. We tested what we had. Going by what Nate found with the stock carbs and reed cages we pretty much tested that with the 28's and stock reed cages and cpi's yesterday and the pro circuits came out on top.

I am not saying this is the best setup for everybody. The bigger carbs my pull a little more rpm and hp up top, but that's not what I was after. I can't justify $150 for bigger intakes, $300 for bigger carbs, $200 for v-force 3's and $600 for a set of cpi's or shearer's. I am going to run what I had.

I am very happy with the outcome and I am really looking forward to pulling up next to people and surprising them with my pro circuits.

The intakes were cleaned up a little, not timing changes or anything.

I think the testing you guys did is great and you probably feel that you have a killer setup (and you do) but your did what you thought would be unfair on our test on your own. You thought that the t5's or any other pipe would not do well without the rest of the setup like you wanted it but then did just that to the cpi. I have compared my dyno charts to many other dyno jets across the country even on the exact same bike. Infact the day we brought our dyno home we tested a bike on that we had just dynoed on a dynojet about an hour from here then tested it here and they were withing 1hp. Im not interested in peak numbers now nor ever but more so usable power thats why i would like to overlay the curve. From what i have tested and seen i feel like that if this setup did this well then a different pipe/carb/reed would have been even better. I guess im just going to have come up with some PC small carbs and see if i can duplicate your results. Good job guys.

I hope this bike will be on the HQ ride next month Snop. I know what you are trying to show here but you are showing guys dyno numbers that 99% of the guys on here dont understand. It is not about comparing one dyno to another it is more that people are wanting to see what kind of number they are gettting out of these new cylinders. The graph looks nice and smooth and I would really like to pull my 421 I am building up next to it and see how the 2 of them run out. Not saying one bad thing about the bike it looks good just think there is much more to be had there than what the numbers are showing. Just my .02

Builder,

I see what you are saying. I understand that the numbers from this dyno may be misleading to some. I will most definitely be at the HQ ride in a couple weeks. I am looking forward to having our two bikes there for a real world comparison. We knew the numbers were going to come out this way because of the dyno and that's why we tested the different pipes for comparison. How are you setting your bike up?