New addition to the Mancave

troyzstang

Got a new toy this weekend :dance:

I had a small tabletop model ,but with the current refresh to my Banshee I thought this would be

a little more appropriate. The unit didn't come with casters so I had to fab a rolling base.

Works great and what a time saver.

Troy

Oh by the way John , I found a nice place for your decal :cheers:

newtoy003.jpg

newtoy001.jpg

do yourself a favor and pick up a tube of silicon and seal that bad boy up. I bought the cheaper model and it leaked really bad so I took it back and got that model. I siliconed it all up and it still leaks, just not as bad. They work very well for the price and I am really happy with mine.

I think this one was built on a friday because it seems almost 100% sealed ( so far) :confused:

Tell me what sand you are running in that thing please. I bought one the other day but the sand I have tired is to fine and dont do shit or to course and does not feed at all???????????

Tell me what sand you are running in that thing please. I bought one the other day but the sand I have tired is to fine and dont do shit or to course and does not feed at all???????????

I am running soda right now. It does not clog at all & cuts pretty good.

. I have also used steel grit and that really cuts though anything but there is clogging.

What type of media are you using? I ask because I want to try black beauty ( coal slag) as well.

yea they need sealed OR welded up. i use this white sand i got at the same place that sells concrete sand stuff the local rental place or hardware store..

soda>> where did you get that>

if its clogging there is moisture in t he lines also so you need to be carefull and also they can get moisture in the sand just from the air. also you can fab up a water/ dust collector with the vacume you should be using..

you sometime need to be carefull with what material you use. the more agressive sutff can really damage your parts

I dont remember what I am running through it I will need to look tonight. Cam it is not moisture the suction hose is just filling up with sand becasue the sand I have it to course and it will not pull it. I have a water filter and a dryer on my compressor because I paint with it also.

• 1 month later...

i guess with the fine sand i have i only notice the moisture thing in the middle of summer when its retarded humid..

i cannot rember what that sand was called but i bought about a 5gallon bucket of the stuffabout 10 years ago and its still going strong i need a new cabinet tho. i havbe a small table top and the window is all fucked up now!>