is this a good trade for my banshee?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is an 04 and no he don't beat the shit out of it but at the same time he don't ride like puss. and your on a banshee website its very unlikely anybody is going to say they would unless they were going to to. go to a dirt bike site and they will tell you to do it. and they would say get rid of the shee. i know because my freind started on quads,went to dirt bikes and now he doesn't like my sheee as i don't like his dirt bike.

No dirtbike guys posting yet? I like dirtbikes and probably have 100,000 miles on 2 wheels. If I were getting a dirtbike I'd get a 250 and the part about it being a 2 stroke vs 4 stroke is preference. I hate riding the 450s they just feel like heavy tractors to me and I'm 6'2 and 225lbs. The 250 4 strokes are pretty high maintenence and need new pistons, valves, springs etc put in em pretty frequently. The piston is a pancake design without much skirt so any wear and they'll rock and blow the motor. If it were me I'd take these guys advice about getting a 250 2 stroke, the hondas,kawis, suz 250 bikes are close to 50hp stock and are light and are a blast to ride. They can also be found cheap. I'd do the trade especially for $1500 and then trade the 4 poke for a 2 stroke and get another $1000 out of it. I think you are getting a $1500 dirtbike plus $1000 cash for a $1800-$2000 banshee which isn't too bad of a deal.

Well guys im tryin to get some advise cause the guy cant do it for atleast 2 weeks cause of the money... I mean guys im dry of cash, and i want a dirtbike cause honistly i wanna get into motocross... But i wanna keep the shee at the same time.... :( this is really gettin to me... I just wanna get a dirtbike i wont have to rebiuld for a couple years and no doubt about it i wanna 4 stroke im asking 3000 for my shee and hes askin 2500 for his... So ill be gettin 500 out of the deal but really have 1000 to spend on another shee or somethin diffrent... Idk guys ur all gunna say no... Lol but whats to look for when i go to look at this 4 stroke?...

I wouldn't trade for anything but a 450 4 stroke or a 250 2 stroke.even though you heaven't done much ridin on a bike after a month or two your going to be wanting more power and kicking yourself in the ass for trading your shee. i have a bike 250 kx 2 stroke thats for sale on e-bay.mint curtgraham73@yahoo.com. your right about tracks thats why i have that bike so i can go to englishtown raceway!!

i mean i wana keep my shee soo badly after all the work ive done.... but its just i wanna 250 4 stroke so badly... if im not beatin the shit ouutta it it shouldnt have any probs... i just want a good starters bike... yanno? and jerz thats exactly my problem im tired of just ridin trails and pits i wanna race already!!!

if im not beatin the shit ouutta it it shouldnt have any probs... i

"The 250 4 strokes are pretty high maintenence and need new pistons, valves, springs etc put in em pretty frequently. The piston is a pancake design without much skirt so any wear and they'll rock and blow the motor. If it were me I'd take these guys advice about getting a 250 2 stroke, the hondas,kawis, suz 250 bikes are close to 50hp stock and are light and are a blast to ride. "

Radar knows what he is talking about, and offers great advice. One post you want to get into racing, the next post you say you are not going to beat on it. You cant do one and not the other. The 2 stroke is more power, lighter, and cheaper to race and beat on it if you want. Why are you not wanting a 2 stroke? Sounds like you can not afford the up-keep on a 4 stroke. You both are asking to much for your bikes IMO.

dallas ovbiously im gunna race it im just not gunna gost ride it and do stupid shit to it.....

Not really sure what you mean. I was simply saying racing is very hard on a bike. You said you were not going to be hard on it, but you wanted to race. I say get a bike you can afford to fix if you want to race. They all need to be rebuilt no matter what.