Biggest Trail Motors: what are you running?

I'm running a 4mill drag port right now in my stock chassis, for the dunes and drags it's great and RARELY(damn you JD and your padla brats) gets beat by anything but drag chassis quads. My problem is that I want to maintain competitiveness in the drags but also be rideable in the trails, I do trail ride it the way it is now but it's a handful. I was thinking about just keeping my 4mill bottom end with 1-5 duneable and getting a set of stock cylinders with a dune port from A&S or HJR. Just wondering how big some of you guys have gone with your trail bikes and how well they run in orv type trails.

Thanks For Any Input!!

-Mike

Haven't had mine out onthe trails yet cause I'm still putting it together but I'm running a 421 serval with 35mm air strikers and R2 pipes. It should be a pretty good bike when it's done.

I'm running a 4mill drag port right now in my stock chassis, for the dunes and drags it's great and RARELY(damn you JD and your padla brats) gets beat by anything but drag chassis quads. My problem is that I want to maintain competitiveness in the drags but also be rideable in the trails, I do trail ride it the way it is now but it's a handful. I was thinking about just keeping my 4mill bottom end with 1-5 duneable and getting a set of stock cylinders with a dune port from A&S or HJR. Just wondering how big some of you guys have gone with your trail bikes and how well they run in orv type trails.

Thanks For Any Input!!

-Mike

I have a 4mil from hjr with a dune port.... running 34/36 lects, and t5's on 110.. i love it.. i trail, street race it anything i want... It has plenty of power down low and up top... If i change the pipes to the cpi's topend increases but i lose the bottom end so i sold the cpi's and kept the t5's

I have plans to run a 4-7 mil serval in my xc bike. Probably with pt mids/pro circuits and either a 2-1 39mm lectron or dual 30's. Unless I decide to spend enough for some snipers built specifically for my application.

I'm more focused on my chassis/suspension for now. You can only go as fast as your suspension will let you!

i have for trail riding and trail ''drag'' riding :) a +4 mil and 115mm rod, cheetah 421 heads, cool head, 21cc domes, v force3 and toomeys 5, 2X33mm carbs, works great on trail riding and also pretty fast on drags and don't forget the lock up ckutch too :headbang: never dyno but surely around +80 hp works on 94 and he likes it a lot when i mix half half with race fuel. hope it helps!! pretty reliable

Thanks For Any Input!!

-Mike

Lol, I suggest stock stroke dune ported cylinders by RB racing. Stock trans. 35mm gas PWKs, 180psi. Fast turnaround, and you already know how it runs :cheers:

I also have a 421 CUB with 39's, v-force 3, 20cc domes and shearer in-frames. If i wanna ride tight, rocky, muddy, trails i do it anyway. its just a hairy ride!!!!!!

But i agree with 87sheerips. Stock cylinder, 33's or 35's depending on port work.

OH and dont forget about a boost bottle :jesterlaugh:

421 stock cylinder 68mm bore 4 mill crank.. alky motor made 85ish hp and 55+ TQ absolute BLAST in the trails/ dunes DEFF my fav motor so far for general riding.

had a 485 PV motor on alky was a HANDFULL in the trails and nearly impossible to launch at the drags ( stock chassis +6 arm)

Dont get me wrong, I think that the bigger carbs etc... have their place, but my 34mm PJs seem a little big for the tight stuff. Its gonna depend on the types of trails that youre on, but I run a stock stroke triple MX ported cylinder , VF 3s, Pro circuits, 20cc domes on 94 with the 34mm PJs and its pretty insane on the trails, almost too much. JMO. Oh and a boost bottle........... :shootself: