EFI

THE358BANSH

ever have the same setup dyno'd ? so carb vs efi ? just too see ?

The last time I had this engine on a dyno it was a 4mm with a Graydon intake and single Keihin, after I switched to the dual Lectrons I never ran it on the rollers again. In the next month or so I would like to go down to Janssen Motorsports and throw it on for an afternoon just to play.

• 1 month later...

Could it be that the throttle bodies are to restrictive? High Gain tuning does something very similar(But are very shady to work with), and they were going to build a 144cc two stroke with a 39-40mm throttle body with twin injectors. 29ft lbs of torque is nice, but 44hp is near stock, and this is far from it. Again I have nothing but support for this build. Whats the gas mileage like?

Edited by Factoryxperimental

After reviewing this thread, I have come to the conclusion that Zillafreak could spend the rest of his life setting up his EFI and it's still going to fail.

exactly what i told him. the358bansh did it in probably the best way out there considering the lack of support for something like this and a mega/microsquirt will do anything a banshee will ever need and yet zillafreak is doing everything completely opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

Could it be that the throttle bodies are to restrictive? High Gain tuning does something very similar(But are very shady to work with), and they were going to build a 144cc two stroke with a 39-40mm throttle body with twin injectors. 29ft lbs of torque is nice, but 44hp is near stock, and this is far from it. Again I have nothing but support for this build. Whats the gas mileage like?

I doubt the throttle bodies are too restrictive. They are 38mm straight through and also have a CV slide stock. I recently built a set of slide stops that lock the slides in the open position. It didn't really seem to make a difference on the butt dyno, but it sure does sound badass now! Richard from HGT said a lot of things and you saw where that got him. He seemed like a very knowledgeable individual, unfortunately he liked to tell people that more that prove it. That dyno graph wasn't mine, I just pulled it out of the dyno section to aid in a visual for the air/fuel description. As far as fuel mileage goes, I guess it's okay as I never really paid much attention to it? Our riding group has everything from a stock 700XX to a 60hp LTR and we are always filling up right about the same times. Judging off their numbers and the odometer from the RZR, I would say in the neighborhood of 60 miles per tank while trail riding.

After reviewing this thread, I have come to the conclusion that Zillafreak could spend the rest of his life setting up his EFI and it's still going to fail.

What ever happened to him? I haven't been on here much lately but he seems to be a ghost?

exactly what i told him. the358bansh did it in probably the best way out there considering the lack of support for something like this and a mega/microsquirt will do anything a banshee will ever need and yet zillafreak is doing everything completely opposite.

Thanks brah!

Hi, looking back through here, I didn't see where you mounted the O2 sensor? Is there any discussion of choosing a location?

Thanks!

There was talk back in post 34. I have since changed to a set of R2s and have the sensor in approximately the same spot. Until I tell them, most people never even know it has one one it...

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Just read over the whole thread, I'm so glad to see someone do this with microsquirt! I've had a set of R6 throttle bodies sitting around for this project exactly. I bought them back in 2010 off fleabay for $9 and change shipped. Figured I couldn't go wrong at that price even if they ended up as a wall decoration. Life got busy and I was out of the banshee world for a few years till a month or two ago.  I was seriously contemplating a Smartcarb after reading all the reviews, but considering what the last few years have taught me, I'm seriously thinking EFI as it won't be that much more than a new carb setup. Just more work obviously. I have used (but good) wideband 02's from customers vw's laying around, a good cannondale fuel pump off a buddies bike when he was chasing power problems, GM/LS electrical parts laying around like beer cans, and my bike already has a dc conversion with a battery..... Damnit. Looks like the writing is on the wall now. I think I'll start mocking things up tonight instead of working on customer projects, need a change from turbo diesels anyway. 

I'm sure I'll be contacting you once I get the setup together for tuning and calibration tips. I'll have to make it up your way sometime for a ride and donation of few cases of beer! 

BTW, that dyno graph of the pathetic 44hp is mine haha. Bike was down to 100psi of compression and had butchered cylinders that a 2 year old could've ported better. It's basically been sitting ever since, I think i took out for 2 or 3 afternoon rides in the last 3 years for the hell of it. Never realized how crappy that motor was inside till I tore it down the other week. Finally getting the love it deserves now with lots of upgrades!

• 1 month later...

Hey, I know it's been a while but I read back through the thread again and I have a question on the coils.  Any particular reason you chose the Corvette coils?  Is the stock coil not compatible with the 12v ECU?  Thanks!

Hey, I know it's been a while but I read back through the thread again and I have a question on the coils.  Any particular reason you chose the Corvette coils?  Is the stock coil not compatible with the 12v ECU?  Thanks!

Micro squirt 3.0 is set up to run GM LS coils only as that removes the ignition/coil drivers from the circuit board. The LS coils are logic fired which only take a 5v pulse at a few milliamps. That keeps the footprint of the ecu small. As a side benefit, the stock LS coils have really high Kv output.