Oem vs Maier plastics

eadams450

OEM all the way just got some maier tank covers and rad cover and the fitment is terrible, the tank covers have a huge gap between the side part of the front fender and the rad cover goes nowhere near anything almost an inch gap on the top hole. I don't know what UFO plastics are like for the banshee they have a good fitment on mx bikes I've had, and are cheaper than maier and OEM.

Edited by Glenyboy

ive seen some fitment issues from maier plastics also. the ufo's ive seen look pretty nice. dunno if lakers will work with oversized tanks or not but they are really nice also.. whatever you get slap a grille from jds customs in it and it will really set it apart

• 2 weeks later...

Just put Maier tank and radiator covers on the wife's bike because she wanted pink and I didn't want paint on her bike. As was mentioned the gap between the tank covers and the factory fenders is a little big. The radiator cover flares out away from the tank cover on the right side, but I think I can corrrect this with a heat gun. I think the UFO stuff is pretty decent if you can live with white, black, or blue, as that is all it comes in.

I have the Maier Custom "Raptor" Style Front plastic, and new Maier OEM Style front and rear set of plastic so I can switch them in and out depending on my mood and it all fits great!!!

Haha, knew this was coming.

Anywho... I would get OEM, laker, fullbore, or fast fibers. The last two sets of maier's that my buddy bought were awful. The holes sometimes were over an inch off. Their quality is terrible, and frankly, any company that makes raptor plastics for a banshee should be put out of business...

• 1 month later...