going back to my 2 into 1 pipe

lms1977

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If shearer is making the pipe for you then you just as well get use to poor workmanship. If his drag pipes diddn't run as hard as they do nobody would be running them due to poor build quality. I guess if you have a pipe that runs hard you dont really have to worry about making a quality product. I have seen numerous posts about chrom peeling, welds leaking or breaking.

I went and played some more with the exhaust and then switched from the shearer to the dynoport 2 into1 one and the shearer makes more in the seat fell torque it seems to pull 1 gear higher than the dynoport 2 into 1.

so far the pipe is awesome and will be great for anyone looking to make better driveable power in low rpm motors

Keep up the good work Matt Shearer

I would love to see a set of the new serval jugs with this pipe that would be a nice setup possibly.

Sell both those pipes and buy an actual set of low mid pipes for the bike. Matt shearer developed that pipe for a turbo, not a naturally aspirated banshee. There is better pipe choices out there for what your trying to do.

all these opinions of a pipe and the only person to own one is lms1977.

this pipe started its life in michigan in early '08, before it was ever on a turbo bike it was tested on a stock stroke, stock cylinder, not much done to bike.

most people are bias on the 2 into 1 pipe right off the bat, because of previous experiences with different 2 into 1 pipes. no one on this earth has ever had both a dyno-port and shearer 2 into 1 pipe on their bike back to back except for lms1977 and myself. he explains it to be much better then the dynoport was.

i know when t-5's were the best pipe, there had to be some people that thought no new set or pipes could be better, but then cpi, shearer, etc etc came out and the t-5 was left in the dust(for a peak hp pipe). pipe builders are always making improvments why would it differ from twins to 2 into 1's?

until someone has tried a shearer 2 into 1 pipe vs this pipe or that one or on this kind of motor vs. another, you have a uneducated opionion.

Like banshee hp said its hard to change the way you think as far as what works and what does not. I am the same way.

this pipe is definatly better than the dynoport.

this is not the pipe i would run if I did all faster paced riding but I am always at about 1/8 to 1/2 throttle most of the time just screwing around like today we went to some small limestone hills as we call them (similar to real fine coal dust or silt hills) it has 3 or so inches of snow on them and are all ruted up and obstacles all over the place so you have to ride it like a 4 stroke lean back and try to make it walk up the hill as your drifting back and fourth trying to get traction the lower you could keep the rmp the better it was most of the time (just over idle).

I'm not saying you cant make it with a modded shee with twin pipes. actually my brother in law made it more times than I did on a basiclly stock 400ex with new tires.

These 2 into 1 pipes just seem to work well for me and are not for everyone.

I will see if I can borrow a set of twin pipes for a comparision what are the best pipes for idle to 1/2 throttle this is where I ride 70% of the time so this is where I want the power seems no sence in running a pipe that makes power from 6000 to 9500 rpm if I'm never there.

so thanks for reading and let me know on the best pipe and I will try to get my hands on them

• 2 weeks later...

Im in the same boat , really like the Motofast 2-1 I scored , Its got the low end I wanted , Makes nice power on the top end and its not snapping my arms off when I get on it , Has given me a good , predictable power band so when I take it to sandlake and florence I can play all day in the razorbacks and fly over the rollers at winchester . I know most guys just have to have twins on their shee , I think if more people played with it a bit , I think it would catch on .

But then again , I'm sure someone doesn't think so .......

a69c39a8.jpg?t=1296272908

I don't get it. You get a banshee (which is known to be a top end screamer). Then you choke it down so that the powerband is smooth. Thats like buying a corvette and putting on a single 2" exhaust. lol. Just buy a 4 stroke if you want low end power and a smooth delivery.

and I can also just toss my twins back on anytime I wanna go to the drag strip ....... I like That I can make a 2 stroke more versatile , and It still sounds sick as hell .

thats the fun part of customizing a atv.Doing things to it so it fits YOUR taste not somebody elses.Why does a guy gotta get flack cuz he wants to do things his way?Different strokes for different folks.Most of these guys would be happy with a single pipe set up too if they were being realistic with themselves.A set of out of frame drag pipes on a trail shee cuz they sound cool isnt exactly idea..but whatever works for them

I have already played with it a ton, and I have owned both the single pipes that are available for the banshee. I have twin pipes now that make more low end power than the singles ever did on the dyno or riding out in the sand.

but youve never owned a shearer 2 into 1, so using any info from past experiences with say a motofast or dyno port is irrelevent. lms1977 just switched from the dynoport to the shearer and said there was quite a difference in power and how it performed, maybe he would have gained more by switching twins but his riding style doesnt suit them.