going back to my 2 into 1 pipe

lms1977

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legit numbers for Paul turners and pro circuits. Comparison. I agree, it does boil down to what you like. I was trying to get this thread back to the initial subject of good low end pipes; instead of the single pipes vs. Dual pipes which it was on. I succeeded.

Legit numbers for Paul turners and pro circuits. Comparison. I agree, it does boil down to what you like. I was trying to get this thread back to the initial subject of good low end pipes; instead of the single pipes vs. Dual pipes which it was on. I succeeded.

Well I dont have the charts in my pc for that motor. I saw the charts again a few months ago, and I see the bike we tested them on every day at work.

If your talking about good low end pipes, then you can't ever talk about 2 into 1 pipes.

What I like is a low-mid pipe that makes more power than any other pipe. I don't buy stuff for looks when it comes to performance.

What kind of motor setup does the test bike have? What about with different setups? Is one set of pipes going to consistently be better? I agree with you on the two-one setup. To be honest, I have never heard of actual two-one setups besides dual pipes going to one Silencer (out frame drag stinger or the dmc alien) there is probably a reason why I haven't lol.

What kind of motor setup does the test bike have? What about with different setups? Is one set of pipes going to consistently be better? I agree with you on the two-one setup. To be honest, I have never heard of actual two-one setups besides dual pipes going to one Silencer (out frame drag stinger or the dmc alien) there is probably a reason why I haven't lol.

I have been through this so many times, it is not even funny. Just use the search if you want to know.

• 2 weeks later...

I use to run a dynoport 2 into 1 pipe and wanted to go back to my old pipes, they were mid range dynoport twin pipes.

I changed them and hate the twins yes they make way more power but I dont like the low end power, seems that when playing on hills the 2 into 1 pipe can lug down much lower befor trying to stall.

I'm borrowing (from east coast atv) a shearers 2 into 1 pipe and am going to be testing it out I spoke with Matt Shearer a few months ago and told me what to expect from this pipe he seams very helpful and down to earth not trying to oversell everything.

I ride all trails a lot of real tight stuff. I will keep you posted on how the new pipe works. (hopefully I will clear my airbox with out to much tweeking)

I'm from western PA and have been doing research on this new Shearer 2 into 1 pipe (to possibly replace my much loved Dynoport 2 into 1 with something that makes a bit more topend power without sacrificing ANY of my needed off idle torque) without much success finding it for sale anywhere. Could you direct me to where I can buy this?

Snopczynski; Can you post (or direct me to where you have posted previously) these test numbers you keep talking about? I'm curious cause I've had experience with alot of the twin pipes you've quoted and have seen nor felt any twins that would pull out of the basement like my Dynoport does?

Thanks!

Edited by gonecheenin

I'm from western PA and have been doing research on this new Shearer 2 into 1 pipe (to possibly replace my much loved Dynoport 2 into 1 with something that makes a bit more topend power without sacrificing ANY of my needed off idle torque) without much success finding it for sale anywhere. Could you direct me to where I can buy this?

Snopczynski; Can you post (or direct me to where you have posted previously) these test numbers you keep talking about? I'm curious cause I've had experience with alot of the twin pipes you've quoted and have seen nor felt any twins that would pull out of the basement like my Dynoport does?

Thanks!

Use the search

• 1 month later...

I will see if I can borrow a set of twin pipes for a comparision what are the best pipes for idle to 1/2 throttle this is where I ride 70% of the time so this is where I want the power seems no sence in running a pipe that makes power from 6000 to 9500 rpm if I'm never there.

so thanks for reading and let me know on the best pipe and I will try to get my hands on them

Did you ever get a chance to grab some of those recomended twins for your comparison?

I shot you a PM with my Cell#, I'd really love to talk to you in detail about how the Shearer 2-1 compared to the Dynoport if you don't mind?