Right size carbs?

30years

I've got 34mm mikini's and with the other stuff i've got done to my quad, i think it should be preforming better. The mikuni's came with 260 mains, and i'm all the way up to 350 mains, and it's still lean. I was wondering if the carbs are too big for a motor that is only 40 over? Is it getting way too much air? Should i go back to stock 26's, or something between stock and the 34's?post-38394-12949627134654_thumb.jpg

:confused:

I've got what are supposed to be ported pistons from vito's. K&N with no lid, the 34mm round slide mikuni's, aftermarket intake with built in crossover, v3 reeds, cool head with 19cc domes, fmf sst's with matching silencers, and + 4 timing. Still have stock gearing. As far as a leak down test, not sure what that is? Just spraying down everything in front of the air box with carb and choke cleaner to test for leaks??? Also having a problem with the head pipes getting to seal 100% at the jugs. The o rings just don't seem to be fat enough! Thanks guys!

post-38394-12950226923933_thumb.jpg

I've got what are supposed to be ported pistons from vito's. K&N with no lid, the 34mm round slide mikuni's, aftermarket intake with built in crossover, v3 reeds, cool head with 19cc domes, fmf sst's with matching silencers, and + 4 timing. Still have stock gearing. As far as a leak down test, not sure what that is? Just spraying down everything in front of the air box with carb and choke cleaner to test for leaks??? Also having a problem with the head pipes getting to seal 100% at the jugs. The o rings just don't seem to be fat enough! Thanks guys!

Sorry, I just read the write up on making yourself a leak down tester!!!

not ported at all

you would probably be happier with a set of stock or maybe 28mm carbs. ive seen alot of stock carb bikes run very hard. my bike came with 28mm carbs when i bought it and running against bikes with similar mods i dont feel they give me much of an advantage other than they are easier to rejet.