MICRO POLISHED TRANS

He bought a pro mod tranny. That's a fully modded stock style that can still be backloaded and ridden like a stock trans. It just shifts smoother and easier than a stock cut. Not every item in the ATV world is ment for the Planet Sand Drag guys. This guy needed a tranny. I guess if the cases are split and I'm doing a re-build I'd buy the same tranny. (I have that same trans from WCR in my wife's bike) This guys bike isn't a full drag bike in need of an override. But every banshee can benifit from a Micro polished pro mod tranny. So I don't think he wasted his money. He was asking about WCR, not micro polishing. You obviously knew nothing about micro polishing untill today. The guy bought a great part from a good guy. You offering your opinion as to what he should spend his money on instead is just that....your opinion. My comments sound like a sales pitch because I'm a satisfied customer of WCR and I have no problem promoting his work in public. It's called good word of mouth. :)

:cheers:

In asking about a company, you are going to get people's opinions. I gave my opinion of the company by saying he could have spent the money better elsewhere for what his application was. Pretty simple. There are cheaper ways to make a banshee transmission shift smoother and easier than buy a micro polished pro mod transmission, when it wasn't needed.

I HAD a WCR trans in my big block and was unhappy with it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im also running a micro polished tranny from them,almost looked chrome when i got it back,and it only cost me $225,because the tranny was a 1-4/m 5-6 when i sent it in...its now a N-D 1-5

seems to shift really smooth,BUT i have hasd other trannys from them that did not shift so good,i think he's getting better and better!! at these tranny,and will probably soon be the KING at cutting them.

it would also be nice if he shipped out the tranny right after he's done...i had some shipping trouble with him.

Edited by stroking

:cheers:

In asking about a company, you are going to get people's opinions. I gave my opinion of the company by saying he could have spent the money better elsewhere for what his application was. Pretty simple. There are cheaper ways to make a banshee transmission shift smoother and easier than buy a micro polished pro mod transmission, when it wasn't needed.

I HAD a WCR trans in my big block and was unhappy with it.

Well after your smart advice about sandblasting your tranny with coal slag and running sand in your oil....I thought I'd let the guy know that some of us know what micro polishing IS and what it is for. $200 for a complete tranny, fully modded, cryo'd and micro polished is a good deal. I was only countering your mockery of the micro polishing with some facts. I don't think either of us can best guess as to what his needs are. I'm just saying he didn't get ripped off. :shrugani:

Well after your smart advice about sandblasting your tranny with coal slag and running sand in your oil....I thought I'd let the guy know that some of us know what micro polishing IS and what it is for. $200 for a complete tranny, fully modded, cryo'd and micro polished is a good deal. I was only countering your mockery of the micro polishing with some facts. I don't think either of us can best guess as to what his needs are. I'm just saying he didn't get ripped off. :shrugani:

I agree. Only he will know whats best for him. I suppose my humor doesn't always come across the best.

Happy New Year!

I don't get the sarcasm. :rolleyes: WCR is one of the companys that made override transmisions what they are in this sport. Many top racers run a WRC trany. They offer pro mod trans work for MX type bikes all the way through full overrides. They now offer Micro polished gears. In our testing we have forund that the micro polishing can free up as much as 3HP. Our Pro MX racers have run them for years. (finding 3HP in a 125-250cc bike can be big.) The micro polishing combined with cryo treatment leaves you with the strongest tranny gears and smoothest running parts that you can get. Greg will even tell you that with his micro/cryo'd combo there is no need for billet gears in a banshee. WCR may not be a site sponsor...but they are one of the top outfits when it comes to tranny work. He even has a new override design comming out soon. (This time he actually filed for a patent on his idea, because with his new design it's impossible to bend or even wear a shift fork!)So very soon you will see me posting the release of the next big thing in Banshee tranny's. So, I know we hear about alot of junk for sale regarding Banshee's, but WCR makes some great stuff. I'm surprised your not familiar with them.... :shrugani:

MICRO POLISHING - They started doing it in Formula 1 cars, then it made it's way into NASCAR, NHRA, World of Outlaw Sprints, and now available to you for your Banshee from WCR. :headbang: GOOGLE IT! :drool:

Have you taken a good look at his machine work! A two year old would probably do a better job.

Our very first override not cut by HACK WCR, lasted 400+ 1/4 mile runs with out even changing a shift fork. We have made another 200+ runs with 4 of his POS transmissions and we are constantly replacing shift forks. The only reason the last two HACK WCR transmissions work is because we corrected his machine work.

Now if you want to believe in all of his circus gimmicks. That's fine, but please don't tie the HACK with mainstream motorsports. The below thread will give a small look of my experience with them. Post #4 & #6 should be an indicator.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132863&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Edited by SlowerThanYou

well.. not sure about the pro mod.. but i just cut my own tranny.. all i did was remove every other dog and webbing.. so where there were 6 there are 3.. took me a total of an hour and fifteen minutes to do.. the gears aren't as hard to cut as everyone claims.. i didnt use and end mill or anything special.. just the bench grinder, cutoff wheel on an air tool, and some smaller cutoff wheels on my dremel.. cost me 8 bucks if i remember right... and the hour and fifteen minutes includes disassemble, cutting, cleaning, and reassembly.. i took a few pics..

2010-12-21_18-58-12_674.jpg2010-12-20_16-36-18_430.jpg

You got a good deal on the tranny bud. Its new and doesnt have any hours on it. You'll be happy with it. Im gonna purchase a 1-5 override shift drum from him friday. You asked for an opinion and you got 90% positive feedback on it and 10% negative from a couple members. I may not agree with how they went about leaving their opinion, but you did get their opinion I guess. Its your money and you spend your money how YOU want to spend it. You should have a solid tranny for sure. :cheers:

i cut my first complete override last week,and i used a Wcr 1-5 tranny to copy from,did everything myself except the welding,and it shifts just as good as my micro polished WCR tranny.

the hards part of cutting those trannys is getting the DRUM right !!

i think when most have tranny trouble its the drum.>>>on override trannys that is

i cut my first complete override last week,and i used a Wcr 1-5 tranny to copy from,did everything myself except the welding,and it shifts just as good as my micro polished WCR tranny.

the hards part of cutting those trannys is getting the DRUM right !!

i think when most have tranny trouble its the drum.>>>on override trannys that is

That has been the problem with all 4 of his transmissions I got. As for the guy that's going to purchase the 1-5 drum, Good Luck!

imho, anyone who knows their shit about gearing, and gave the banshee trans a good once-over, would first notice the gear facing..... it's quite rough, and can stand a good surfacing...... actually, i believe getting a good cut on the gears is the hardest part. mapping/cutting a drum really pales in comparison to the gearwork. there is a lot more to it than just cutting a few dogs and throwing a shine on there. there is a trick that can keep all load off the forks full-time, save for durring gear selection. as for a deal- it comes to cost of what was done.........the drum bearing mod, gear cutting, and micro-polish can run 60-80, and a good used trans goes from 90-150, so it sounds like a decent deal to me....

Whoa! Big Red, Windy City, are we gonna have to keep you two leashed up to oppisite sides of camp at the next HQ ride? Lmao

Any way, I caught the humor in your post Big Ginger. I definitely can see how you would rather spend the money else where on a bike. Not to mention another company after being unsatisfied with a less then stellar purchase. I am the same way, after a sour purchase of several hundred hard earned dollars, I tend to never be content with a particular company or it's offerings. WCR has had a few hiccups, but when they do it is an astronomical issue. I can no longer justify being a guinea pig for alot of products or services at my cost, however the croy treatment and micropolishing, I will stand behind. I can't argue that $200 tranny a guy bought was worth it or not for his build, because he has a banshee and eventually the motor will be big enough to make a quality tranny with at the very least an easy cut, a super desirable piece. Imo, he got a good deal granted the work is quality. But if some one screws up a simple stock cut they should not even be in business.

If your not familiar with MICRO FINISH or SUPERFINISH .Here is a company that specializes in it..There are many companies that can produce the superfinish.Its more of a chemical process.I have done this process to every engine I have built including my Pro and Pro-am racers.Its probably overkill for anyone who is NOT competing on a professional level,but our dyno has shown consistent 2hp gains combined with synthetic gear compunds.The company I deal with charges 8 bucks a gear.

http://www.remchem.com/page3-31/ISFProcess

That has been the problem with all 4 of his transmissions I got. As for the guy that's going to purchase the 1-5 drum, Good Luck!

I dont need luck bro, but thanks for the kind gesture. I know several guys who have the drum have not had issues with it. Maybe you just didnt install it correctly or put in all new c-clips and the the little stuff that does make a difference. But it was a kind "good luck" gesture and I do appreciate it. :rotflmao: