MICRO POLISHED TRANS

HEY YALL. NEW TO BANSHEE HQ AND HAD A FEW Q. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF WHITAKERRACING OUT OF FLA. AND THE MICRO POLISHED PRO MOD TRANS THEY MAKE. I SPOKE WITH THEM TODAY AND THEY SOUNDED LIGIT AND VERY INFORMATIVE. HOPFULLY NO NEG FEEDBACK SINCE I ALREADY PURCHASED THE PRO MOD STOCK TRANS AND SHIFT FORKS, BUT IF THERE IS, LET ME HAVE IT

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WCR has been making/cutting trannies for years and is well known. I've never heard of micro polished transmissions though.

YEAH I PROBLY SAID THAT WRONG, BUT ANYWAY JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE WAS FAMILIAR WITH THE PRO MOD TRANS. ITS NOT AN OVERRIDE, I WOULD SAY STOCK. I WILL BE INSTALLING THIS IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS

don't know what you paid, but there is a member here that does the stock mod and is always super fair on his prices.

I PAID 200.00 FOR GEARS, DRUM, 3 FORKS AND FORK SHAFTS. SEEMED FAIR TO ME, AND HE SOUNDED LIKE A REALLY COOL DUDE BUT YOU CAN BET I WILL BE DEALING WITH SOME OF YALL HERE IN THE NEAR FUTURE BECAUSE THERE IS NO LIMIT FOR SPEED.

I like to sand blast my transmissions with coal slag, especially the bronze bushing surfaces. Then, just to make sure the trans stays nice, I mix sand with my trans fluid. This way it acts like a rock tumbler the whole time its running and everything comes out nice and polished. :cheers:

Some of the stuff these companies sell cracks me up... micro-polished transmission? really? I would have spent the $ to buy a trans from someone here on HQ and spent the money you would have saved on some performance parts you will actually notice a difference from.

Edited by BigRed350x

DAMN CAPS LOCK, there, oh well, if i got took then i got took. if i did or not then ill be leting yall know about it. thats the only way we can keep em on their toes.

I like to sand blast my transmissions with coal slag, especially the bronze bushing surfaces. Then, just to make sure the trans stays nice, I mix sand with my trans fluid. This way it acts like a rock tumbler the whole time its running and everything comes out nice and polished. :cheers:

Some of the stuff these companies sell cracks me up... micro-polished transmission? really? I would have spent the $ to buy a trans from someone here on HQ and spent the money you would have saved on some performance parts you will actually notice a difference from.

I don't get the sarcasm. :rolleyes: WCR is one of the companys that made override transmisions what they are in this sport. Many top racers run a WRC trany. They offer pro mod trans work for MX type bikes all the way through full overrides. They now offer Micro polished gears. In our testing we have forund that the micro polishing can free up as much as 3HP. Our Pro MX racers have run them for years. (finding 3HP in a 125-250cc bike can be big.) The micro polishing combined with cryo treatment leaves you with the strongest tranny gears and smoothest running parts that you can get. Greg will even tell you that with his micro/cryo'd combo there is no need for billet gears in a banshee. WCR may not be a site sponsor...but they are one of the top outfits when it comes to tranny work. He even has a new override design comming out soon. (This time he actually filed for a patent on his idea, because with his new design it's impossible to bend or even wear a shift fork!)So very soon you will see me posting the release of the next big thing in Banshee tranny's. So, I know we hear about alot of junk for sale regarding Banshee's, but WCR makes some great stuff. I'm surprised your not familiar with them.... :shrugani:

MICRO POLISHING - They started doing it in Formula 1 cars, then it made it's way into NASCAR, NHRA, World of Outlaw Sprints, and now available to you for your Banshee from WCR. :headbang: GOOGLE IT! :drool:

I don't get the sarcasm. :rolleyes: WCR is one of the companys that made override transmisions what they are in this sport. Many top racers run a WRC trany. They offer pro mod trans work for MX type bikes all the way through full overrides. They now offer Micro polished gears. In our testing we have forund that the micro polishing can free up as much as 3HP. Our Pro MX racers have run them for years. (finding 3HP in a 125-250cc bike can be big.) The micro polishing combined with cryo treatment leaves you with the strongest tranny gears and smoothest running parts that you can get. Greg will even tell you that with his micro/cryo'd combo there is no need for billet gears in a banshee. WCR may not be a site sponsor...but they are one of the top outfits when it comes to tranny work. He even has a new override design comming out soon. (This time he actually filed for a patent on his idea, because with his new design it's impossible to bend or even wear a shift fork!)So very soon you will see me posting the release of the next big thing in Banshee tranny's. So, I know we hear about alot of junk for sale regarding Banshee's, but WCR makes some great stuff. I'm surprised your not familiar with them.... :shrugani:

MICRO POLISHING - They started doing it in Formula 1 cars, then it made it's way into NASCAR, NHRA, World of Outlaw Sprints, and now available to you for your Banshee from WCR. :headbang: GOOGLE IT! :drool:

I am familiar with them... I just think that the money could have been spent a lot better elsewhere, considering the guy probably isn't running a top-of-the-line drag bike that's competing in the fastest on the planet races or he wouldn't be here on HQ asking stuff like he did.

I can understand trying to get every last pony out of your setup... if you already had the building blocks to get to that point. So, chances are, its very unlikely he will notice any difference at all from the fancy polished transmission. He would have been better off buying a stock trans and putting the $ towards some aftermarket parts he actually would notice the difference from.

If WCR wants to claim that this polishing removes the need for billet gears, they should probably test that theory and stick their polished gears in some of the big monster bikes running at the planetsand races and prove their point. Until I see a polished 2nd gear hold up the same in some of those bikes as the billet gears do, I will remain on the skeptical side of the fence. <_<

You whole post sounded like a sales pitch you copied from somewhere. lol ...and just for the record, I HAD a WCR cut 2-5 override in my 10mil big block twister.

He bought a pro mod tranny. That's a fully modded stock style that can still be backloaded and ridden like a stock trans. It just shifts smoother and easier than a stock cut. Not every item in the ATV world is ment for the Planet Sand Drag guys. This guy needed a tranny. I guess if the cases are split and I'm doing a re-build I'd buy the same tranny. (I have that same trans from WCR in my wife's bike) This guys bike isn't a full drag bike in need of an override. But every banshee can benifit from a Micro polished pro mod tranny. So I don't think he wasted his money. He was asking about WCR, not micro polishing. You obviously knew nothing about micro polishing untill today. The guy bought a great part from a good guy. You offering your opinion as to what he should spend his money on instead is just that....your opinion. My comments sound like a sales pitch because I'm a satisfied customer of WCR and I have no problem promoting his work in public. It's called good word of mouth. :)