Trends Banshee owners follow

nick_n_ii

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my banshee bone stock except for ohlins suspension and 30mm carbs. i built it all up without any internal engine mods and it has enough power for my 215pd butt. i have white plastics uncut and aftermarket orange glow HID headlights and LED flashers in the middle under the radiator and i think mine looks best with full plastics, although ive seen some cut that look pretty sweet. guess it just depends what you are going for when you build it.

I hate the look of front fenders on just about every ATV. Everyone in our ride group has there front fenders cut on the Banshees. When we got one for my wife, it had MINT looking factory plastics. Even the graphics were perfect. I asked her if she wanted full fenders or race cuts....she said "It looks a little goofy with the fenders. Is it hard to cut them off?" Well, I waited about 4 weeks, then one night I came in and told her "Well, your in the club now....your fenders are cut." She thought it looked alot cooler. :headbang: Now one of my frineds got a different set of plastics from a parts bike. (It wasn't nice looking, but was in better shape than what he had.) His previous set of plastics had cut fronts. The newer set had full front fenders. I kept telling him to cut those damn ears off. He gave me the whole line about running in mud and water and wanting the protection. We had this discussion on the way to the "Badlands" in Indiana. An hour later we all took a trip through the tubes there and jumped into the water hole at the exit of the tubes. (It's like a 8"-10" deep 15ft round splash pool of water.) We all stopped and hung out at that area to watch the other guys come through the tubes. I took that time to point out that I had the same wet spots on my pants as he did. So much for fenders saving you. At the end of the day we were ALL equaly muddy. Cut the fenders. Ears look gay. Don't think so?.....Just look at factory LT-500 plastics and tell me that bike looks cool. :rotflmao: Or don't....without stock fenders to show how they looked stock...no one would know how much cooler they look cut. :jesterlaugh:

yeah every time i go ride and someone wants to look at my bike, they always ask... "hey man wheres your boost bottle?"..... uhh in the trash can.... with the old rubber boots that were cracked. then one guy informed me "they add about 10 horsepower"... ha ha He even dynoed hi old one with and without. he said stock (without it) only had 55 hoprsepower (the only other mods he had were pro-circut pipes), but with his fmf boost bottle he said he got 65 horsepower.... at that point i called him a liar, put my shit in gear and took off. i want a stock banshee with a boost bottle that dyno's at 65hp!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha

Probably going to take some shit for this but... Extended swing arms.

The banshee already has horrible turning radius and traction, why make it worse? Unless you're pushing over 90 hp I don't see why you want a +4 or +6 or more unless it is purpose built for hill climb/drag.

Before I get jumped saying you can't keep your front end down, I've had a ported 4 mil with a -2.5 swinger in the past and the newest build will have the same or a 4 mil serval with anywhere from a -2 to stock length swinger. Keep in mind I'm not a duner or anything so I don't know how paddles effect this.

If you ever rode a -2 on a banshee with a +1 forward front end it is not even comparable, really an amazing difference in the dirt. :headbang:

Also lowering... I see too many lowered banshee's with +6 swing arms on bald hole shots that it just makes me sick. :shootself: