coolhead leak

One of my studs on my noss head started leaking some coolent. Pulled the head and replaced the o-rings with some I found at the autoparts store. Thickness of the orings were like .03mm thiner than the origanals. Put it back together and still leaks around the stud. Do any of you guys ever put any type of sealent on the orings when installing a cool head? If so what type of sealent? I may just have to order a complete pro design o-ring set, i really don't need the rest of the o-rings just the ones for the studs.

One of my studs on my noss head started leaking some coolent. Pulled the head and replaced the o-rings with some I found at the autoparts store. Thickness of the orings were like .03mm thiner than the origanals. Put it back together and still leaks around the stud. Do any of you guys ever put any type of sealent on the orings when installing a cool head? If so what type of sealent? I may just have to order a complete pro design o-ring set, i really don't need the rest of the o-rings just the ones for the studs.

send jlengineering a pm he has a few set cheaper then what pd has them for. i think he is asking like 15 bucks for the set. as far as your leaking i dont use any sealant just put the oring in and slap it back together never once had a leak issue.

You can add a dab of RTV around the threads of the studs when you install your head nuts. Leaking around the studs is a common problem with the noss heads. No big deal, just pull the head nuts, put a little dab of RTV on the threads and re-torque the nuts. Should take care of the problem. Let it dry real good before you fire it up and test it out. Also, make sure the threads are clean before you put the RTV on there. I prefer the red hi-temp gas/oil resistant stuff.

- Jared