HELP I GOT SMOKED BY LTR 450

Good ol boy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ltr 450 has a cherry bomb and some or other chip with a yosmura pipe so its tuned as hard as possible....wht pipes would you recomend???and does a boost bottle make a diffrence???i still have the standerd sprockets on it woukld you say i have to change that???And lastly a timing plate???im in africa dont know about all this fancy stuff how does it work and were do you fit it??? :notworthy:

Get some more bolt ons. Timing plate, cool head, reeds, and if you really want to wake it up send your juggs to a site sponsor like Wildcard Racing and have them ported.

The downfall to the T6's is they run better on a stock port. If you end up getting your bike ported I would look into differant pipes. CPI's, R2's, Shearers...ect.

Your jetting sounds a little on the rich side IMO. I'm at 5,000ft with alot more mods and ported, I run a 310 main in the summer with no issues. My buddy with about the same mods as you except Cpi imframes runs a 270 main. Definitly want to do a plug chop though :headbang:

The ltr 450 has a cherry bomb and some or other chip with a yosmura pipe so its tuned as hard as possible....wht pipes would you recomend???and does a boost bottle make a diffrence???i still have the standerd sprockets on it woukld you say i have to change that???And lastly a timing plate???im in africa dont know about all this fancy stuff how does it work and were do you fit it??? :notworthy:

Heres the timing plate install (i would run at +4 to +5) http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96721

You can get a timing plate from pretty much any site sponsor or online

Don't waste your money on a boost bottle !

They do not boost anything or give you any harse power gains what so ever. If you got a lil bit of coin to spend, get yourself some Serval cylinders, a good set of Keihin pwk carbs, Noss head, Vforce 3 reeds, an adjustable timing plate maybe a some original Rockets or R2's.

You will be looking at a couple thousand U.S. currency, but you should be over 80 hp and I doubt that gay 450 will touch you then...

Mike

Edited by RZBansheeMan

Don't waste your money on a boost bottle !

They do not boost anything or give you any harse power gains what so ever. If you got a lil bit of coin to spend, get yourself some Serval cylinders, a good set of Keihin pwk carbs, Noss head, Vforce 3 reeds, an adjustable timing plate maybe a some original Rockets or R2's.

You will be looking at a couple thousand U.S. currency, but you should be over 80 hp and I doubt that gay 450 will touch you then...

Mike

I suggest you getting Kevin @ HJR (Herrs Jugs Racing) to give you a dune/play port, VF3 reeds,Timing plate @+6, Shearers & coolhead w/18cc domes,35mm pwks & dual K&N filter pods. Run some high octane race fuel like 110. Then you should be able to pat the gas on him. GOOD LUCK :headbang:

Edited by 252wheelieking

Thanx guys,I have chnged the jet to 240 and got some vforce3 rads on them and i got k&n filters for each carb...I also changed the sprockets from a 20 to a 16 in front and a 42 to a 38.....I will let you know wht happend after the race tihs afternoon...and I have orderd a timing polate from you guys it will take 2 weeks before I hve it though... :bolt:

Thnax for all the info REALLY HELPED A LOT!!!!!

RGDS :cheers:

GOOD OL BOY!!!!!

Thanx guys,I have chnged the jet to 240 and got some vforce3 rads on them and i got k&n filters for each carb...I also changed the sprockets from a 20 to a 16 in front and a 42 to a 38.....I will let you know wht happend after the race tihs afternoon...and I have orderd a timing polate from you guys it will take 2 weeks before I hve it though... :bolt:

Thnax for all the info REALLY HELPED A LOT!!!!!

RGDS :cheers:

GOOD OL BOY!!!!!

There's your problem.... 20tooth front sprocket??? Put on a 14 and a 41 rear. That's stock and should perform the best on your bike!

holy donkey balls....i didn't think a 20 tooth sprocket could fit up front! I think we figured out why you got your ass beat so bad by that 450. The front sprocket should have 14 teeth and the rear sprocket should have 41 teeth. Be warned....if you go from a 20 to a 14 tooth up front your going to want to get a few practice runs in before you try to launch your bike in a race......otherwise your going to wind up on your ass watching your shee stand-up on its back end too. it will launch a HELL of alot harder