qustion

hey guys just had this floating threw my head seen on someones post about stock pistons...and have a qustion.

why does it seem like when u get a brand new banshee that the stock topend holds up for seems like a very long time i heard alot of peoples holding up for 8 or so years...

and seems like once u rebuild it with like good pistons it dont seem to ever last that long again not saying it cant or wont but just dont seem like it does.... jw

proby a dumb qustion figured i ask

hey guys just had this floating threw my head seen on someones post about stock pistons...and have a qustion.

why does it seem like when u get a brand new banshee that the stock topend holds up for seems like a very long time i heard alot of peoples holding up for 8 or so years...

and seems like once u rebuild it with like good pistons it dont seem to ever last that long again not saying it cant or wont but just dont seem like it does.... jw

proby a dumb qustion figured i ask

well i melted cast pistons an exploded forged pistons in 20 hrs you can really mess the build up i think cast is the way to go just don't over rev it tell it cast pistons expand and scrape the cylinders and seize tight

as long as everything is properly jetted and its just a piped bike......it will last just as long......once u play with more power/different fuels and what not it will cause failure quicker

A stocker is engineered that way for a reason.....a heavy oil ratio...stock hp/compression ...etc....

altering from the norm will result in varied results....

ITs all about how you ride the bike as well....cruising...not screaming wherever you go like its designed for the recreational rider.....there are 20,000 members all with bang shees.....all different set ups...your going to hear about someone rebuilding everyday

more power/different domes and compresion is putting more strain on stock parts....racing all the time will cause you to run through top ends a lil faster due to rpm you are running to beat the next guy.....

its all in how the machine is trteated when ridden to answer your question....

as long as everything is properly jetted and its just a piped bike......it will last just as long......once u play with more power/different fuels and what not it will cause failure quicker

A stocker is engineered that way for a reason.....a heavy oil ratio...stock hp/compression ...etc....

altering from the norm will result in varied results....

ITs all about how you ride the bike as well....cruising...not screaming wherever you go like its designed for the recreational rider.....there are 20,000 members all with bang shees.....all different set ups...your going to hear about someone rebuilding everyday

more power/different domes and compresion is putting more strain on stock parts....racing all the time will cause you to run through top ends a lil faster due to rpm you are running to beat the next guy.....

its all in how the machine is trteated when ridden to answer your question....

ya that is verry true they make it stock for a reason but its fun to mod them..... and the racing i understand and dont the manual call for 20.1 for mixing?

That's why stock pipes won't rev past about 7500 and you are right about oil ratio, tho it might be 24:1. The closer to the ragged edge the higher the price. John Force makes 10,000 H.P. and rebuilds after 4 seconds at full power. It's all relative. I have a 72 250 Elsinore I bought new. It ran either 16: or 20:1. Ran the shit out of it for years and years and after it sat for years I did a semi resto. The motor was still on original piston and rings. Cyl was still within service limits and piston replaced only due to crack. Myself I would rather leave a couple horses on the table , put up with a little more spooge leaking around pipe , new plugs more often, and have an engine that lasts longer. JMHO , your results may vary.

you also have to realize the difference between a stock bike and a bike that has been modded. Most guys that will go for the "higher quality performance pistons" are also those of us who push our bikes a little harder. im not saying we're bad to our bikes or ride them harder than is good for them.... im just sayin that runnin a bike up to 9500-10000 revs is alot harder on it than running it up to 7000 revs. But i bet if you ask around.....you'll also find that us guys who run our bikes harder also get joy out of wrenching on our rides...

plus most don't break in a top end like it should be,they just put it togher and ride the shxt out of it right from the start. just because it warms up doesn't mean its broke in.i seen people put it all togher let it warm up then go full thottle the first time out.if you want it to last you should first start by starting it up let it warm up for 10-15 mins then shut it down and let it fully cool down. Then start it again let it warm up then ride it 1st thru 3rd gear not hitting the powerband for 20mins not staying in one gear to long. let it cool down. after cooled down.Then warm it up again and ride it 4th thru6th for about 20mins hittin the powerband for short burst, not staying in powerband to long ,or one gear to long. let it cool down one last time and your piston rings should be propely seated.

Edited by bansheesrtoys