LEAK DOWN TESTERS FOR SALE!

That's why I am confused. I don't have a bypass to test both at the same time. I need a leak tester for one cylinder. Have that?

well i can build it and MAYBE have it in the mail tomorrow or the next day. i need the inside diameter of your intakes or what size carb youre running, and exhaust ports. im guessing you have stock cylinders that have been ported???

Stock cylinders yes. 34 mm carbs. Not to sure about the exhaust. They are drag ported though

ok give me a call tonight. i looked up the size of the inside of your intakes... (ACTUALLY THE OUTSIDE DIAMETER OF THE REED SIDE OF YOUR CARBS) and theyre 40mm or 1.57 inches. im not sure how much they ported the exhaust, but i also have another idea ill run by you when you call, to seal up the intake. really i kinda need that measurement though.

512-673-2991

• 2 months later...

instead of using the PVC piping to fit into the intake boots why not make Intake plates that are drilled and tapped for the gauge and schrader valve? that way you could put the gauge and schrader vavle on the same plate and just make a block off for the other side? that way it would work for "stock" style engines as well as the race engine without a crossover.

3/16 plate would be plenty thick enough and cheap. just go to a machine or weld shop and ask for some of the "scrap" around the size of the intake ports. more than likely get the material for free. Cut the rough size with a hacksaw or sawzal, file or grind the edges smooth, Drill and tap for the valves Voila! bolt on leak down tester.

or better yet make intake plates for stock, cheetah and cub cylinders and cover the whole gamut of banshee engines.

How would you know if your intake boots were leaking if you did it that way? Thrill has the right idea with what he's doing for sure. I do them like this but both ways accomplish the same thing > http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139586

instead of using the PVC piping to fit into the intake boots why not make Intake plates that are drilled and tapped for the gauge and schrader valve? that way you could put the gauge and schrader vavle on the same plate and just make a block off for the other side? that way it would work for "stock" style engines as well as the race engine without a crossover.

3/16 plate would be plenty thick enough and cheap. just go to a machine or weld shop and ask for some of the "scrap" around the size of the intake ports. more than likely get the material for free. Cut the rough size with a hacksaw or sawzal, file or grind the edges smooth, Drill and tap for the valves Voila! bolt on leak down tester.

or better yet make intake plates for stock, cheetah and cub cylinders and cover the whole gamut of banshee engines.

You really cant put a price on convinence. Hell there are days I make $100+ an hour and probably average at leas 50-60 but I am self employed and work outside so granted there are days that I dont work but I still think I can make more $$ in the time it would take me to round this crap up and make one of these damn things so thanks to thrill billy for doing the work for me. When I get ready to build my motor I will be giving you a call for custom size intake setup.

thanks again thrill billly

yea good idea.........cost of parts...plus LABOR.....PLUS you dont need to drive anywhere = worth every cent

good luck with your sale

You are right CAL

How would you know if your intake boots were leaking if you did it that way?

I spray the intake boots with soapy water. If it bubbles up while the engine is running there is a vacuum leak.

Don't believe that works? then spray carb or brake cleaner on the intakes. If the rpm rises there is a vacuum leak.

I do that before I tear into anything or do a compression check(provided the bike runs)

I spray the intake boots with soapy water. If it bubbles up while the engine is running there is a vacuum leak.

Don't believe that works? then spray carb or brake cleaner on the intakes. If the rpm rises there is a vacuum leak.

I do that before I tear into anything or do a compression check(provided the bike runs)

Yea, i understand that.

But since you are having to bolt on the leak tester, why not test everything you can at the same time? It only makes sense to do it the way Thrill and 99% of people and professional builders show to do it. Just checking it all at once and be done with it.

Yea, i understand that.

But since you are having to bolt on the leak tester, why not test everything you can at the same time? It only makes sense to do it the way Thrill and 99% of people and professional builders show to do it. Just checking it all at once and be done with it.

then how do you propose to test the engines that do not have the crossover? put the gauge and the schrader valve in the intake plug? What if you have multiple bikes with different size carbs? you have to have set ups for every inlet size intake boot you have. With an intake port plate your covered. I have 3 banshee's.

2 have stock carbs 1 has 34mm carbs. I would have to make 2 intake plug sets, instead of 1 stock cylinder intake port plate set.

then how do you propose to test the engines that do not have the crossover? put the gauge and the schrader valve in the intake plug? What if you have multiple bikes with different size carbs? you have to have set ups for every inlet size intake boot you have. With an intake port plate your covered. I have 3 banshee's.

2 have stock carbs 1 has 34mm carbs. I would have to make 2 intake plug sets, instead of 1 stock cylinder intake port plate set.

Or take the intake boot off one and put it on the other. 4 little bolts and loosen a clamp Since you would have to take them off for a plate anyway probably would not be that big of a deal. I also have banshees with diffrent size intakes. Hell at that price I may buy one for each size that I have. Like I said before convenience is very nice.

Out

i hope this post was a joke.... soapy water bubbles when there is a vacuum leak? lmao

Really??

Come on guys, if you dont like the price he has move on, or PM the seller. Dont piss on his sale, especially since someone is already interested in it.

Yes....its cheap to build one, plus someones time(labor) and shipping.....but we dont know what brand psi gauges, could of used abs plastic, never know....

Dont just put homeboy on blast, use proper forum etiquette and PM him if you want to negotiate a sale.

Peace out :shrugani:

Can't we do what he said and quit jacking up this guys thread? I think it's cool that some of you have multiple banshees. If you do and already have this stuff why you buggin this guy about stuff he's tryin to sell? You're not gonna buy it anyway. He's not raping anybody. Cut the guy some slack.

• Like 1

What does the crossover have to do with anything? You need to think things through a little better. Let it go man. The seller of these has his product that works and sells them for a reasonable price. Quality product that works the PROPER way.

If you think you have a better way,,,,, well by all means , build them and sell them YOUR way. Let the original poster sell his without your alternate ways of doing stuff.

Maybe you should start your own thread. about testers and leave his thread alone.

Even though i was just trying to help his thread by letting people know it IS a good product, im going to take my own advise and not clutter it up anymore by replying to your posts.

Free Bump!! :jesterlaugh:

• 3 years later...

do you still have these testers?

okbeast.... since this has been declared BY YOU an uncensored post.... FUCK OFF. build your own fucking leakdown tester you cocksuckin faggot.... what are you trying to be someones hero by "saving them $35"? go rescue a fucking kitten from a tree, or get ahobby you fucking pud. now that that is outta the way...

50 was the starting price... upon further consideration i feel $40 shipped is a more appropriate price. yeah theyre cheap to build, if you figure the price for JUST THE MATERIALS FOR ONE of them. but you gotta consider first, they dont sell PVC by the inch... they well it at least 8' that ive found. then you gotta buy cement. thats about 10 bucks. sure it only takes about $.0001 worth of it do build one. then your freeze plugs, then bolt-in valve stems, then your guage... and i didnt use some shitty ass $.99 guage from the sale bin at autozone. the guage alone was $8. not to mention I build it, and i guarantee it. if theyre not happy with it. then theyll be getting their money back, soon as they return it. and shipping is included in that price. itll be the fastest shipping avaliable, whie me still seeing SOME kind of profit. that being said i might be making 15 bucks. IF THAT.

pm if youre interested, want more pics, or have bigger carbs. if you have bigger carb boots then i will also need the exact inner diameter of the boots.

$40 shipped. expedited delivery. no bullshit.

leakdownkit.jpg