LEAK DOWN TESTERS FOR SALE!

50 bucks? Uhh, I guess something like that from motion pro comes with a price, but that seems a bit steep. Consider this, most diy guys that are even up to the task of redbuilding or working on their motors are easily capable of building their own leak down tester for about 12 bucks. Plus most guys who are doing their own work are using larger carbs wich means bigger manifolds. Just some food for thought while you rethink pricing.

50 bucks? Uhh, I guess something like that from motion pro comes with a price, but that seems a bit steep. Consider this, most diy guys that are even up to the task of redbuilding or working on their motors are easily capable of building their own leak down tester for about 12 bucks. Plus most guys who are doing their own work are using larger carbs wich means bigger manifolds. Just some food for thought while you rethink pricing.

1' of pre-cut pvc - $2.50

tube of silicone - $2.50

metal schrader valve - $5

psi guage - $5

teflon tape - $2

...no offense man, but its easier and cheaper to just build your own, and this thread isnt gonna go anywhere.

Really??

Come on guys, if you dont like the price he has move on, or PM the seller. Dont piss on his sale, especially since someone is already interested in it.

Yes....its cheap to build one, plus someones time(labor) and shipping.....but we dont know what brand psi gauges, could of used abs plastic, never know....

Dont just put homeboy on blast, use proper forum etiquette and PM him if you want to negotiate a sale.

Peace out :shrugani:

Really??

Come on guys, if you dont like the price he has move on, or PM the seller. Dont piss on his sale, especially since someone is already interested in it.

Yes....its cheap to build one, plus someones time(labor) and shipping.....but we dont know what brand psi gauges, could of used abs plastic, never know....

Dont just put homeboy on blast, use proper forum etiquette and PM him if you want to negotiate a sale.

X2, if ya not gonna buy one or interested in dealing wit the man, shut your fucking mouth. EcShee, you of all ppl talking about what is required to build one??? I remember you calling me asking me how to build one and hell its been so long I dont remember how to. Oh and didnt 12 O'clock Pimp rebuild ur engine for you?

Really??

X2, if ya not gonna buy one or interested in dealing wit the man, shut your fucking mouth. EcShee, you of all ppl talking about what is required to build one??? I remember you calling me asking me how to build one and hell its been so long I dont remember how to. Oh and didnt 12 O'clock Pimp rebuild ur engine for you?

Really??

Nothing wrong with trying to save someone $35. Public forum = post wherever the hell you want, and whatever you want. Forum etiquette doesn't exist on BHQ.

Nothing wrong with trying to save someone $35. Public forum = post wherever the hell you want, and whatever you want. Forum etiquette doesn't exist on BHQ.

okbeast.... since this has been declared BY YOU an uncensored post.... FUCK OFF. build your own fucking leakdown tester you cocksuckin faggot.... what are you trying to be someones hero by "saving them $35"? go rescue a fucking kitten from a tree, or get ahobby you fucking pud. now that that is outta the way...

50 was the starting price... upon further consideration i feel $40 shipped is a more appropriate price. yeah theyre cheap to build, if you figure the price for JUST THE MATERIALS FOR ONE of them. but you gotta consider first, they dont sell PVC by the inch... they well it at least 8' that ive found. then you gotta buy cement. thats about 10 bucks. sure it only takes about $.0001 worth of it do build one. then your freeze plugs, then bolt-in valve stems, then your guage... and i didnt use some shitty ass $.99 guage from the sale bin at autozone. the guage alone was $8. not to mention I build it, and i guarantee it. if theyre not happy with it. then theyll be getting their money back, soon as they return it. and shipping is included in that price. itll be the fastest shipping avaliable, whie me still seeing SOME kind of profit. that being said i might be making 15 bucks. IF THAT.

pm if youre interested, want more pics, or have bigger carbs. if you have bigger carb boots then i will also need the exact inner diameter of the boots.

$40 shipped. expedited delivery. no bullshit.

leakdownkit.jpg

Hey Eric. I didn't get a response email from you...? Anyways, the round plugs are to plug your exhaust ports. Obviously to do this you have to remove your header pipe. The nuts on the plugs tighten and make the rubber part expand giving you a nice air tight seal. I personlly also like to wrap the rubber part a few times with electrical tape to kinda act as a gasket. then you have to remove your carbs. One of the white PVC pieces goes into one intake boot, and the other PVC piece into the other. Then you tighten them in with the same clamps used to hold your carbs in. Make sure you leave your plugs installed, and tight. Then you pressurize your motor through the PVC with the standard valve stem. 6 psi for 6 minutes is what you motor needs to able to hold. If it looses 1psi in 6 minutes, you have a seal going out, but is still acceptable for most. Anymore, and you need to find your leak, as a lean air fuel mixture WILL destroy your motor. Not only tests head and base gaskets and crankseals, but also your intake boots, and reed gaskets all at once. A leak down tester can retail for over $300 in some cases. These are $40 shipped to your door. The $300 motion pro tester won't tell you anymore than this one will, but mine is almost 1/10th of the price

Edited by thrill-billy85