riding in the winter

yamahaman244

hey guys was jw if i ride my banshee in the winter would i have to rejet it runs alittle rich on top in the summer and i think the guy i bought it from said it had richer jets in i wont ride it when its real cold but like 20-30-40 degrees ill proby ride it jw i started it up the one day it was about 25 out and it idled fine and wasnt pinging or back fireing

I go 3 sizes up for winter and avoid the really cold days. My rule is; if your thumb freezes within 5 minutes,go back home. Generally this happens at -20celcius.

Allright guys like I said proby won't ride in really cold proby no colder then 20 degrees F so I mean idk ill have to see what jets are in it now only mods are t6 pipes and airbox with no lid now qustion is if I would put my lid back on would that make it enough richer I would be good in that temp????

Allright guys like I said proby won't ride in really cold proby no colder then 20 degrees F so I mean idk ill have to see what jets are in it now only mods are t6 pipes and airbox with no lid now qustion is if I would put my lid back on would that make it enough richer I would be good in that temp????

That's a hell of a thought right there. The lazy man's way to rejet for the winter. I like the heck out of that idea. I'm 100% with you on this one man. I'm just mad because I didn't think of it first.

That's a hell of a thought right there. The lazy man's way to rejet for the winter. I like the heck out of that idea. I'm 100% with you on this one man. I'm just mad because I didn't think of it first.

Thanks was just thinking about thta last night idk if it would work or not I would think so have to get some more opions on it

i've done that, too...lid on for winter...it's good for 2 jet sizes, which is 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit......but, always make sure, and, you will be surprised how cold you will ride in, once you feel what that cold, dense, dry air does for your engine :headbang:

i've done that, too...lid on for winter...it's good for 2 jet sizes, which is 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit......but, always make sure, and, you will be surprised how cold you will ride in, once you feel what that cold, dense, dry air does for your engine :headbang:

allright so your saying it wouldnt be good for 20-30 degree weather and colder people were saying just go up two jet sizes but u said that the lid will only be good for two so would i be good..... and if i put the lid back on and ride it alittle bit waht is a good sign or noise i can hear if its lean

it will pretty much loose some throaty sound to it, maybe some poping, but you probably wouldn't notice that it's just a little too lean unless you are in 5th-6th and throttle response flattens out from like 3/4 to wot. one other thing to watch out for is premix separation...

it will pretty much loose some throaty sound to it, maybe some poping, but you probably wouldn't notice that it's just a little too lean unless you are in 5th-6th and throttle response flattens out from like 3/4 to wot. one other thing to watch out for is premix separation...

Allright like a throaty sound I'm kinda new to that what that sounds like sorry for sounded so dumb. Mmaybe ill just winteriz it lol premix separation why would that happen cause of cold or being lean

well put the lid on and went riding around for about 15 min ran pretty good from what i could tell just seems like its hard to get into powerband idk though starts right up first kick when it was fully warmed up idk shooot me some ideas maybe alittle rich lol