oko parts

banshee rob

i cant find parts for my 30mm oko carbs and they leak bad also need a jet kit please help thanks

Im pretty sure you need to buy a rebuild kit that comes with all of the major compenents in it. Since iv had the okos Iv had nothing but problems with my float bowls. at first they would leak then i adjusted them and the bowl started to dry up in 4th, then I adjusted again and it was fine for a month or two now it leaks again.

anyway the only place iv seen parts for these carbs is on ebay. from taiwan.

i cant find parts for my 30mm oko carbs and they leak bad also need a jet kit please help thanks

I just bought a kit off of ebay from taiwan it came in in less then a week.Comes with everything even new choke plunger and seat and needle for $15.00.

Edited by frog

yep they only have 2 bowl screws, ive ranted about how poorly the carbs were designed before. carbparts.com theres a number on there call em, i spent numerous hours dickn with these things and finally got them to work properly but looking back on it i wouldnt of gave a case of beer for them they didnt seem to make any difference at all performance wise over stock and were overall a total pain in the ass. Some people got lucky from everything i read on here they were able to bolt on and go, not the case with a LOT of people

nothing wrong with the stock carbs bro, there actually good carbs when u know what ur doing with them, they work just fine for most applications.

You get what u pay for and in my opinion u cant put a price on reliability, i dont like being the guy eating lbs of sand being towed back by a more modern quad only to get ridiculed about my love for 2strokes when i try to fix the issue in the middle of a sand bowl. I bought them, i had issues with them as well as many others, and no they dont make any significant improvement over stock to justify spending ANY amount of money on them, u would be better off boring the stockers out to 28's if anything on a stock bore/stroke bike. Id like to see a dyno run from these compared to stockers that were CORRECTLY jetted for the application. The only thing i see people benefiting from a different carb on a stock or close to stock bike is throttle response not overall power considering both were correctly jetted in the first place, please prove me wrong id like to know my okos gave me 5hp over my stockers! :rolleyes:

I can agree with the above comment. I was running stock carbs on my 4mill until i bought these and notice a slight bit more top end and maybe a 1-2% increase throughout at most but that could also be just me thinking i have more power. I guess I was one of the lucky ones and gained some power but at what cost? constantly having to play with the carbs to get them to work right? you tell me how the fuck you can adjust a carb bowl to spec and then it starts pouring out gas randomly a month later? the parts arnt the same as a pwk I know this because I lost my idle screw once and nobody had it.

I hate when I go into my shop and theres a puddle of fuel under my bike. even after spending a lot of time adjusting my bowls. The only real benifit I felt from these carbs is the ease of jetting them. alot easier then the stock ones.

I can tell my bowls are running dry when Im giving it full throttle and its running fine up until about 10 seconds or so and it just bogs or Im climbing a hill and 3/4 of the way up it runs out of gas. all i can say is in the right situation it can be one of the scaryest things to happen.

my opinion if they work for you then great. you will probably notice a little bit of diffrence. I just hate playing with them.

Ya stock carbs rock.. My buddy puts down 71hp with stock modified carbs all day.. on a 350

I'm pretty sure the Keihn jets work in those.. the needles too

They are Keihn copys .. Not all Asians are created equal :ph34r: Make sure it says JAPAN on the carb for maximum performance

• 2 months later...

good thing i came across this thread.I have seen good reviews from those okos but wasnt sure about them being "copies" of the pwks.I guess i would rather spend extra on the originals.Theres no faster way to put a sour taste in your mouth than to have a motor decide to give up the ghost in the middle of a hill or carbs that choose to flood or leak for no apparent reason.Nobody likes playing with twin carbs all the time.I guess thats why the cv system was born...

Im not a politician, nor am I an overly weathly individual but this is part of the very problem with this country right now.. IMO egay has all but ruined the ATV industry.. I understand the idea to save a buck but all too often people are on there speding their AMERICAN dollar with companies that are everywhere but here.. No longer do most have the idea that when they are ready to go faster or they need parts they contact a local builder or a reputable builder and use them for their needs.. Instead they get on egay and buy 3rd or 4th party stuff that is nearly junk to try and save a buck, and then end up on places like this asking questions trying to get it all figured out.. These carbs are the same thing.. They are JUNK.. Are they cheaper? Yep. How often is cheaper better?? RARELY!! I know that most of the carbs at some point are purchased from an outside country, but even after paying the middle man or men their mark up as it comes through the states there still isnt a overly huge difference to what you bought your won ton BS for and gave your money to the won ton country. SHOP IN AMERICA, SHOP WITH PEOPLE WHO HELP THE SPORT, AND WHEN YOU CAN SHOP LOCAL.. JMO (my rant is now over)

good lord all this crap about OKO's JUST BUY PWK"S!!!!!! they FIT they WORK they WORK oh and did i say THEY WORK>

whats the price difference from oko's to pwks??

here's a kit... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OKO-carburetor-rebuild-kit-flatslide-PWK-30mm-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35afa9565dQQitemZ230580377181QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories