Best clutch kit to buy

Im in need of some new clutches...I need some opinions on the best clutch kit to buy for hard accelleration & alot of shifting. Basically one thats last long & has an easy pull on the lever. All opinions are accepted.

Thanks Reek

I'll help you out and tell you what I did; I have ask several different members on here questions about parts and upgrades and they never reply? I'm new maybe thats the reason.

I had a Barnett dirt digger clutch kit in my Banshee when I bought it, it was the only mod the four wheeler had, after I got the fever and start pouring the money into power and suspension upgrades I noticed it wasn't pulling in the power band like it should. I figured out the clutch was slipping. I bought a Heavy Duty Banshee Clutch kit off eBay from a company named Drive-Line ATV Performance. It was the best clutch in my opinion after looking at virtually every clutch made for the Banshee. I payed $59.95 plus $7.50 shipping. I pasted the item description bellow:

YAMAHA BANSHEE CUSTOM HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH KIT!!

FRICTION PLATES ARE FROM A YZF1000 STREET BIKE!!

THIS IS OUR ECONOMY CLUTCH KIT THAT IS A LITTLE CHEAPER IN PRICE COMPARED TO OUR DUNE AND DRAG KITS. EVERYTHING IS THE SAME EXCEPT THIS KIT UTILIZES OEM STYLE SHAPED STEEL PLATES WHICH HAVE A LITTLE LESS SURFACE AREA COMPARED TO THE FULL SIZE STEEL PLATES IN OUR MORE EXPENSIVE DRAG KITS. WE WANTED TO OFFER A BETTER PRICED KIT FOR THE GENERAL EVERYDAY RIDER WHO DOESN'T NEED A CLUTCH THAT CAN HOLD 90 + H.P.. THIS KIT WILL HOLD UP TO 75 H.P.

The clutch is a little stiffer than stock, but I have a lot of performance upgrades and it shows no sign of slipping. Take a look here a ling to the kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-CUSTOM-HEAVY-DUTY-CLUTCH-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439e669671QQitemZ290420332145QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I like it, let me know what you think when you get this message, I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one that can see my post.

Thanks,

Jim :cheers::cheers:

RMATV's HD Tusk clutch kit will handle what most people would do.

There's nothing fancy about any of the clutch kits these people claim they make or put together themselves. Its basically a good set of fibers, and some steels out of a streetbike clutch setup. Do a little research and look around for parts online. You can build the same thing the builders sell for a lot less than they price it for. If you're bike isn't all cracked out on power the cheap RMATV clutch setup will probably work just fine for ya.

I'll help you out and tell you what I did; I have ask several different members on here questions about parts and upgrades and they never reply? I'm new maybe thats the reason.

I had a Barnett dirt digger clutch kit in my Banshee when I bought it, it was the only mod the four wheeler had, after I got the fever and start pouring the money into power and suspension upgrades I noticed it wasn't pulling in the power band like it should. I figured out the clutch was slipping. I bought a Heavy Duty Banshee Clutch kit off eBay from a company named Drive-Line ATV Performance. It was the best clutch in my opinion after looking at virtually every clutch made for the Banshee. I payed $59.95 plus $7.50 shipping. I pasted the item description bellow:

YAMAHA BANSHEE CUSTOM HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH KIT!!

FRICTION PLATES ARE FROM A YZF1000 STREET BIKE!!

THIS IS OUR ECONOMY CLUTCH KIT THAT IS A LITTLE CHEAPER IN PRICE COMPARED TO OUR DUNE AND DRAG KITS. EVERYTHING IS THE SAME EXCEPT THIS KIT UTILIZES OEM STYLE SHAPED STEEL PLATES WHICH HAVE A LITTLE LESS SURFACE AREA COMPARED TO THE FULL SIZE STEEL PLATES IN OUR MORE EXPENSIVE DRAG KITS. WE WANTED TO OFFER A BETTER PRICED KIT FOR THE GENERAL EVERYDAY RIDER WHO DOESN'T NEED A CLUTCH THAT CAN HOLD 90 + H.P.. THIS KIT WILL HOLD UP TO 75 H.P.

The clutch is a little stiffer than stock, but I have a lot of performance upgrades and it shows no sign of slipping. Take a look here a ling to the kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-CUSTOM-HEAVY-DUTY-CLUTCH-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439e669671QQitemZ290420332145QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I like it, let me know what you think when you get this message, I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one that can see my post.

Thanks,

Jim :cheers::cheers:

Jim sorry to hear that your questions have not gotten answered in the past. If I see a new member that needs help I will try to help anyway I can, I know others here do also.

This looks like a good kit with the 1000 friction plates.

Thanks members for all advice & recommendations

To Jim, I seen some like them on ebay but the one's I seen said in the item description for drag racing only.

To BigRed350x, I put some of them HD Tusk clutches in my cousins 4mil & they are holding up great so far he only uses it to make 1/8 miles passes tho.

• 2 months later...

Jim sorry to hear that your questions have not gotten answered in the past. If I see a new member that needs help I will try to help anyway I can, I know others here do also.

This looks like a good kit with the 1000 friction plates.

Thanks for the reply, the clutch is still holding up great. I wish it had a little softer pull though it would be fine in any other application but mine. If I run a two and a half hour XC race my hand is going to be hurting. I have a after market perch and clutch lever made by MSR-HP. I bought it with hopes of a softer pull, it has 4 different adjustments which made the responsiveness feel a little better but it didn't help with the pull at all. Is there any way of getting a softer pull except swapping the springs? I thought maybe the after market Perch's had some sort of gear set up that worked similar to a pulley system that might help out with the problem is there such a thing?

Thanks for the reply, the clutch is still holding up great. I wish it had a little softer pull though it would be fine in any other application but mine. If I run a two and a half hour XC race my hand is going to be hurting. I have a after market perch and clutch lever made by MSR-HP. I bought it with hopes of a softer pull, it has 4 different adjustments which made the responsiveness feel a little better but it didn't help with the pull at all. Is there any way of getting a softer pull except swapping the springs? I thought maybe the after market Perch's had some sort of gear set up that worked similar to a pulley system that might help out with the problem is there such a thing?

Look into a hydrolic clutch set up from streamline. I have plans to get one for the banshee further down the line in my build, my ktm has one and it has me spoiled.

I can't comment on how effective it is on the banshee but here's a link to another member that recently bought one.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=137456&pid=1202692&st=0entry1202692

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400188090684&crlp=1_263602_304652&ff4=263602_304652&viewitem=&guid=8cf012441270a0b583c6c2e6fffcd179&hlp=false&rvr_id=200118235121&ua=WVF%3F&itemid=400188090684

RMATV's HD Tusk clutch kit will handle what most people would do.

There's nothing fancy about any of the clutch kits these people claim they make or put together themselves. Its basically a good set of fibers, and some steels out of a streetbike clutch setup. Do a little research and look around for parts online. You can build the same thing the builders sell for a lot less than they price it for. If you're bike isn't all cracked out on power the cheap RMATV clutch setup will probably work just fine for ya.

I'm using tusk kits in every one of my bikes.. ranging in hp from stock to 150hp. Ran them in my Dune port with no lock up wich was around 75hp. held like a champ for $50..

Dont spend anything over $100 on a clutch.. the $150 clutches are a waste imo and your just throwing money out the window.

Get with FAST, He sells a EZ-pull lever that makes one hell of a difference CHEAP and the pull is smooth as butter.. Also, Remember to lube your cable and lube it often.. Even if its new.. They dont come lubed from the factory.

Honda CR 125/250/500 clutch perch and lever works well ( from the 2 stroke era) that msr multi point ezy pull sucks it just changes the piviot point AND makes the cable pull not as far and can cause the clutch to not fully disengage, but actually slip and build heat as you shift, causing the plates to swell and cause MORE clutch issue's.

the driveline performance clutch is sweet. i put a higher hp one in a 421 budget build it held up great.

the higher hp clutch deffinatelly has stiff ass springs!

and absolutely LUBE the hell out of your cable you dont even need "special" cable lube the 2 dollar can of spray lube from wally world works great. just rember to wrap the cable luber in a rag so the stuff dosent drip all over the place.

i havent tried the hydralic ones. i have a cheapo knock off one i want to give a shot/.. the best lever/ cable set up i have had in the past was OEM cable, and cr lever and perch with lubbed cable. the terry cable is good also. and looks cool!