Sprocket Recommendation

corypro

So I'm quite new when it comes to Banshee's but I've been taking my time, learning, and reading as much info as possible before I get this beast running next spring. Upon rebuilding the engine, I noticed that my main drive sprocket is shot. My rear sprocket looks like it's been through hell, and my chain is rusted out. It's what you would expect when buying a Banshee for $1000 Canadian. Anywho, I've never ridden a Banshee before and am quite used to my 200 Blaster. I've played around with a Warrior for some time and I love the torque that it has over the Blaster and this has put me in a bind. The ATV would be solely used for trail riding and I would need the torque for climbing some of the hills I had troubles with in the Blaster. I know the stock gears are 14/41 and if I want more torque, I should be shooting for a 13 or 12 toothed primary gear, but I'm not sure how the rear gear works into this equation. Could someone explain this to me and recommend a good ratio for trails? I wish I could have been on one before the mods because I have no clue what the stock torque feels like.

Thanks in advance

So I'm quite new when it comes to Banshee's but I've been taking my time, learning, and reading as much info as possible before I get this beast running next spring. Upon rebuilding the engine, I noticed that my main drive sprocket is shot. My rear sprocket looks like it's been through hell, and my chain is rusted out. It's what you would expect when buying a Banshee for $1000 Canadian. Anywho, I've never ridden a Banshee before and am quite used to my 200 Blaster. I've played around with a Warrior for some time and I love the torque that it has over the Blaster and this has put me in a bind. The ATV would be solely used for trail riding and I would need the torque for climbing some of the hills I had troubles with in the Blaster. I know the stock gears are 14/41 and if I want more torque, I should be shooting for a 13 or 12 toothed primary gear, but I'm not sure how the rear gear works into this equation. Could someone explain this to me and recommend a good ratio for trails? I wish I could have been on one before the mods because I have no clue what the stock torque feels like.

Thanks in advance

put a 13 tooth on the front and give it a try, you will love it on the trails, lots of times id want more than 1st gear on a nasty technical hill, but 2nd gear was too much/fast or would fall out of the power , so now ill run the same hill that i used to do in 1st, in 2nd with a 13t front, going much faster, and wont fall out of the power as easy as it would with the 14 or 15

the rear is the opposite as the front, say you went down 1 tooth in front, the same difference could be made by going UP 3 in the rear sprocket, not sure if a 44tooth rear sprocket would even work with a skidplate though

i would grab a 13t front , put it on, and try it out, big difference

Thanks. I guess it's all about playing around and finding what works best for my particular style of riding. I'll grab a 13 and 41/42 and play with that. When it comes to chains I know there are loads of different styles but could someone recommend one that would take a beating and doesn't mind getting full of mud and water? I have a choice of either an o-ring or non o-ring.

Edited by corypro

I'm 6'4'' 270lb and ride tight trails I run a 14t-44t and love it, 44t is as big as you could go for clearing the rear stock skid. I only have mild mods to (not sure on size but slight bore, wiseco pistons, port & polish, +4 timming, FMF fattys, tors gone)