turbo help

coryv4

Thank you.. I was able to clean it up a bit more, but theres just alot of stuff involved with the turbo, and then all the NOS stuff on top of that it gets a bit crowded and cluttered.

been around fast bikes (mostly n/a sled motors)for along time.single pipe stock port is the best turbo banshee setup to build.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike went a 3.870 at 82mph with a 1.44 60' at the ps race in Dome Valley last week. Was turned down to 17 pounds of boost and shit the nitrous off at .6 seconds. I'm only using the spray to get it out of the hole. No porting, stock cyld, stock stroke, stock head, stock carbs, 2:1 pipe. Next race I'm gonna turn it. Up to 26 pounds or so. For the fags that said it wouldn't work fuck you.

Are there any turbo Banshees out there laying down good numbers? I've only seen a handful of them and one was the A&S 10 mil Cub mentioned - after Dan sold it; it was not on a good chassis and never laid down a decent time.

I can maybe get some pics of that setup from the previous owner if anyone wants them (its been sold again).

Are there any turbo Banshees out there laying down good numbers? I've only seen a handful of them and one was the A&S 10 mil Cub mentioned - after Dan sold it; it was not on a good chassis and never laid down a decent time.

I can maybe get some pics of that setup from the previous owner if anyone wants them (its been sold again).

Erik Ross bought then sold that setup. It made 242hp if I remember right. He never gave it much of a chance to work in the real world. With time it would have flew just like it should. The turbo can ne a pain in the ass, but when they work there is nothing quite like them!

Bike went a 3.870 at 82mph with a 1.44 60' at the ps race in Dome Valley last week. Was turned down to 17 pounds of boost and shit the nitrous off at .6 seconds. I'm only using the spray to get it out of the hole. No porting, stock cyld, stock stroke, stock head, stock carbs, 2:1 pipe. Next race I'm gonna turn it. Up to 26 pounds or so. For the fags that said it wouldn't work fuck you.

Good numbers and congratulations! Very impressive with the stock parts.

Yo guys, I went through and deleted all the stupid stuff from stupid AKMoron. Hopefully the post can get back on track with good information that will be useful to someone's build.

All I can say is that I know NOTHING about turbo setups and that they look entirely too confusing for me to wanna deal with. That said, all the stuff looks pretty sweet when it's all put together. Nice work!

Yo guys, I went through and deleted all the stupid stuff from stupid AKMoron. Hopefully the post can get back on track with good information that will be useful to someone's build.

All I can say is that I know NOTHING about turbo setups and that they look entirely too confusing for me to wanna deal with. That said, all the stuff looks pretty sweet when it's all put together. Nice work!

wow, you must be getting some good head............quite out of character for you :clap:

Erik Ross bought then sold that setup. It made 242hp if I remember right. He never gave it much of a chance to work in the real world. With time it would have flew just like it should. The turbo can ne a pain in the ass, but when they work there is nothing quite like them!

Yeah, that's what the ad from Dan claimed to be hp. I was at Leerjak when he tried to run it (on a stock chassis with no bar!) You're right, he never gave it a chance. It was a pain in the ass just to get it assembled on the chassis (so he said - I didn't help.) You should know me from Planet Sand race - my brother and I were parked/camped accross from Eric's trailer.

i am positive if i owned a turbo bike i would mash it up with a sledge hammer....they require huge amounts of patience which i have none.....anyone who has'nt ridden a 3 second bike might find it hard too appreciate a 3.80.nice pass

Thanks Loco.

For n20toofast4u, is your turbo a sealed oil system or do you have an oil reservoir that you circulate from?

No, mine is a self contained aerocharger but a lot of setups use a small pump and reservoir and then use a garret or similar turbo. There are pros and cons for both. I went with mine just for simplicity being my first time. They are more expensive than a traditional oiled turbo, but there is just less components which there is already plenty of.

Yeah, that's what the ad from Dan claimed to be hp. I was at Leerjak when he tried to run it (on a stock chassis with no bar!) You're right, he never gave it a chance. It was a pain in the ass just to get it assembled on the chassis (so he said - I didn't help.) You should know me from Planet Sand race - my brother and I were parked/camped accross from Eric's trailer.

Ok, I wondered if it was you. That was a fun week. You going back in April? Gonna have to call the market and make sure they get an extra pallet of bud light dropped off before we get there! Lol.