Avgas

I have always ran VP/pump mixed at 100 octane. I know that avgas is cheaper and want to start using it. What color do I use. I know there are different colors for octane levels, lead, low lead, and lead free. Which one do I use?

i have not dyno'd the green. but the blue makes more horse power then any other race fuel iv tried. VP. Sunoco 104 and 110. C15. 100LL is the shit!! and you can cut back a little oil in your mix becuase the led lubricates.

I would like to see those dynos

That would suport the fact that an engine builds its maximum HP on the edge of detonation. Running race fuel in an engine that doesnt require it will cause a HP drop. Mix 3 parts of your blue av gas to 1 part pump 87 octane and I bet you would find a little more hp. Like anything you can only get so close to the line before you cross it. In this case if you cross it, it might cost you a set of pistons at the minimum.

I got it! 100LL blue. Just Got 12 gallons from the airport. $5.20/gallon. Ouch!!! Cheaper than VP though!

$5.20 a gallon? You got ripped off. I just picked up 20 gallons of 100LL for $3.85 a gallon. I have run avgas for 20 years in all my two stoke bikes. Stock and modified. Avgas even gives the stock two-storke bikes a boost. :) The mith that avgas is made for hi altitude is bs. Its good at not ever vapor locking and planes always takeoff at full power on the ground and then idea back when in the air. The LL does stand for Low Lead but has more lead content then regular pump gas used to have. Also the lead helps keep your motor cool.

Edited by Zane