bleeding brakes..just wont work..

rudy2191

hello everyone.,,

i am having some trouble bleeding my front brakes of my banshee,

i have bleeded brakes before so i do have the idea and know how to do it,

although i am having a problem with a banshee i just purchased.

as i bleed the brakes only the left sides works. meaning when im riding

only the right side stops real good which makes me almost flip

the left side grabs, but only movement, for example if i push it both grab,

but when i get speed only right one will grab

any ideas why, any input would be helpful

thankyou

??????? The left side must have air trapped. Once you have a little presure, with the brake lever pulled in & you open the bleed screw on the left caliper does brake fluid came out? Make sure the bleed screw is not blocked. Or pop the piston inspect and clean.You say you just purchased it, what was the brake fluid like, contaminated?

are you bleding with the cap off ? You should be... atv front brakes are nothing like car brakes to bleed, sometimes they can be a prick, make sure your fluid is clear, if not take everything off, disassemble and clean and re-assemble and fill with new fluid, if its clear, try depressing the plunger a few times, you should be able to pop off your wheels and just use a screwdriver to pry the caliper open, then pump it up, try that a few times, then bleed it, when you bleed thenm most of the time you have to pump the crapp out of them and you will see air bubbles coming out of the resivoir, sometimes you have to pump the lever or hold t in and wiggle your brake line to get all the air out, opening the caliper all the way and then pumping up a few times usually works for me unless somethings really wrong with the caliper...

??????? The left side must have air trapped. Once you have a little presure, with the brake lever pulled in & you open the bleed screw on the left caliper does brake fluid came out? Make sure the bleed screw is not blocked. Or pop the piston inspect and clean.You say you just purchased it, what was the brake fluid like, contaminated?

the fluid was clean i did inspect that, although it was roled over a few times... ever since the last owner told me it stoped working

yes fluid comes out, i will inspect it carefully and try it again.

thanks for your help

are you bleding with the cap off ? You should be... atv front brakes are nothing like car brakes to bleed, sometimes they can be a prick, make sure your fluid is clear, if not take everything off, disassemble and clean and re-assemble and fill with new fluid, if its clear, try depressing the plunger a few times, you should be able to pop off your wheels and just use a screwdriver to pry the caliper open, then pump it up, try that a few times, then bleed it, when you bleed thenm most of the time you have to pump the crapp out of them and you will see air bubbles coming out of the resivoir, sometimes you have to pump the lever or hold t in and wiggle your brake line to get all the air out, opening the caliper all the way and then pumping up a few times usually works for me unless somethings really wrong with the caliper...

no i was doing it with the cap close... thanks for the tip though i wil try that

i reallt thought it would be the same...

okay i will try your method tommorow morning... i will update you .. hopefully there isnt something wrong with the caliper

i can also hear it squeak at times, like a click soound when i apply the brake

i had the same prob but with the rear i used a vacuum pump to get all the air and old fuild out at once took about 5mins. make sure you are use dot 4 not dot 3 i know it may say it on the cap that dot 3 is ok but i learned from experince that it does not work well at all.

where can i purchase that vacume at?

seems to cut out a lot of time and hastle..

yea i am using brand new dot 4 fluid

thanks for the input

where can i purchase that vacume at?

seems to cut out a lot of time and hastle..

yea i am using brand new dot 4 fluid

thanks for the input

be careful if you have the cap off when you compress the caliper, that fluid is going to go somewhere !!! you should be able to blled some out or open the calipers up BEFORE you open the reservoir...but def comress those pistons, sometimes they get air behind them and thats the onlyway to get it out, plus shaking the lines, i mean air travels upward because its lighter than the fluid, you'll get it man, just be patient, cycle the caliper by depressing with a screwdriver or clamp and then pump it back out a few times and then with the cap off, pump the crap out of it, hold the lever in and have a buddy crack the bleeder loose, tighten and then release...repeat the pump, open, tighten, release a few times and let us know, i hope that works, fast quads with no brakes suck !!!

Edited by superswire

I dont know if this is a good idea but it worked on my banshee and a motorcycle. I left the cap on the resivior (full of fluid), cracked open the bleeder and used the air compressor to shoot air up through the bleeder into the line. I closed the bleeder screw pumped up the brake lever a few times till it was tight and held it. Cracked the bleeder screw, air and fluid came out, closed it and repeated those steps about 2 more times. Brakes worked perfect after that. Now that worked when i put my front brake system back on from the rebuilt so my lines were dry and I pumped the lever to death and couldnt get all the air out. As soon as I put the pressure in there it was quick and easy, took about 2 minutes for both sides.

Like I said I dont know if this is the right way or if it can mess something up, I just know it worked both times I did it.